Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

janpeeters

Events/agenda plugin for DMS?

janpeeters

Hi 

Today installed 'The Events Calendar' an excellent events plugin for Wordpress. But helas it didn't work with DMS. The editor doesn't show up. 

Does anyone know if there is a solution to this? 

If not...

Has anyone got experience with a nice alternative events/agenda plugin that works in DMS?

Thanks in advance, Jan

James Giroux

are you trying to use the editor in the front end or the back end?  It looks as though you're supposed to edit this all in the wp-admin dashboard.  Anything third party like this typically doesn't have integration with DMS unless it says it does.  That would be the first thing I would look at.  As far as getting things to work in the front-end (like getting a loop or calendar to display) make sure it uses shortcodes and then you can add those in to the postloop or use the textbox to add the shortcode to your site.

Hope that helps!

James.

James Giroux, CEO
Groundwork

janpeeters

Hi James,

The plugin has no shortcodes as of yet so that might be a problem.

I did add events in the backend, but in the frontend there was a lot of gibberish on the page.

I think for now it won't be possible to get this to work in DMS. But shortcodes are on there feature request list. Who knows.

Until then any other ideas? for a working plugin?

Thanks, Jan

James Giroux

Hey Jan,

Nick has one called 'events' that might work for you.  It looks like you're looking for something a little more involved though.  What about Event On from Code Canyon?

James.

James Giroux, CEO
Groundwork

janpeeters

Hi James, 

Yeah I'm looking for something a bit more involved. I'm going to look at Event On. Had hoped to find something free for now. The project doesn't have much funding atm.

Thanks again, Jan

Erwan

janpeeters

Most calendar/events/agenda WP plugins conflict with PageLines (tons of threads in v2-Framework support forum: sometimes fixed, sometimes not).

But this good one Ajax Event Calendar which still doesn't work correctly with v2.4.4. is OK with DMS despite a bug when developing the site (a section can't be deleted when the plugin is activated).

janpeeters

Hi Erwan,

thanks for your reply and suggestion I will check it out!.

Jan

Erwan

janpeeters My pleasure. I would appreciate your feedback about this free ;) one.

janpeeters

Hi Erwan,

It was not what I was looking for. I've tried both calendar and eventlist views. But how they functions is not how I would want it. Especially the from the top of the screen dropdown window for displaying events is not enough in style with how the rest of Wordpress functions. All-in-all it felt a bit like a system in a system. It didn't blend in too well. I continue my quest ;-)

Thanks for your help.

Jan