Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lighthouserich

Comments Section

lighthouserich    1
lighthouserich

This is probably really easy so advanced apologies for this "newbie" question!

I'm writing a new site and am using an ordinary page with the "comments" section in place.  The idea is that users of a service can leave feedback on it.

The comment section automatically adds the text "(number) of responses to (page title)".

I would like to know how I can edit this or even remove it completely?

Any help / pointers will be appreciated.

Also, having come from a Dreamweaver background, if anyone can recommend any current WP books that are worth getting to improve my knowledge please?

James Giroux+    2
James Giroux

Hey there!  Not sure if the answer I have is helpful but I think that might be a WP thing.  I'm not totally sure but if you can't get it to work the way you want it,  you could try a comments plugin like Disqus that might present it a little differently.  If you're not afraid of the code, check the DMS folder and see if you can find the comments section (in the sections folder).  You might be able to edit that file directly and eliminate the parts you don't like.

Hope that helps!

James.

James Giroux, CEO
Groundwork

• Similar Content

• MissT
      By MissT+
      Does the magazine section not support comments?  I have comments allowed but they aren't showing on post pages and there doesn't seem to be a way to add a comments section in either.
      Many thanks in advance.
    • photomom86
      By photomom86+
      I have installed and activated the disqus comments plugin and no matter what I do the comments will not show up on my posts. Is this a know glitch with disqus and pagelines?
    • Jason J
      By Jason J
      Hello all,
      I realize there's a chance that this super-basic question is going to make me look foolish, but I can't find a setting for it.
      Most blogs I come around allow people to reply to a specific comment (there's a reply link for each comment as opposed to just one reply at the bottom of the comment list).
      On a blog I manage that's using Pagelines (and foolishly not a child theme), there's no such reply link for each comment, only one at the bottom of the page.  I thought maybe there was a comments setting somewhere that would enable "in-line" commenting, but I couldn't find one.
      Am I overlooking something very basic, or is it a matter of adjusting the theme code to allow this?
      Thanks in advance,
      -jason
    • rrosewarne
      By rrosewarne
      Hi
      The comments on blog posts isn't working? it used to but now if you click the 'leave comment' link it goes to the bottom of the page and there is no comment box
      http://www.rosewarnegardens.com/the-joys-of-a-qualified-horticulturalist/
    • erin-wsk
      By erin-wsk
      I'm not sure if this is something that can easily be done, but I'm looking to move the respond section above the actual comments (when a post gets 100+ comments, it can be cumbersome to scroll through all of them to just respond). I've tried creating a custom section but the comment code is a bit engrained in the DMS theme- I'm not sure it can easily pulled out an made into a tidy section. Any thoughts or points in the right direction would lovely.