Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

billlizor

Default Post List Customization

billlizor

Howdy all!

I'm pretty green when it comes to DMS and its been so long since I've used Wordpress that my skills are a bit rusty.  I'm curious if it is possible to format the posts on the template that shows a list of posts (the standard main page).  ie.- change add a line between post entries, format author/comment info, etc.

I've included examples of blogs that have done such formatting.  I'm not looking to format exactly like these blog, I'm moreso looking to be pointed in the direction of HOW to accomplish any type of customization on a list of posts in DMS.

Thanks!

Bill

Rob

Hi,

You can do that with CSS.  If you have Firebug for Firefox (http://www.getfirebug.com), you can find the proper elements to modify.  Then, with the right code, you can style it as desired.  This site will help you learn, quickly, how to code the CSS. http://www.w3schools.com/css/

Let us know if you need additional guidance.  :)

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

• Similar Content

• glyph.marketing
      By glyph.marketing+
      Hello, I am having a problem similar to that experienced by Michael Kummer here. We have pages that show this automatic scrolling issue (examples here and here) and it is sufficiently annoying that we have seen customers bounce while trying to convert. Strangely, it only happens at specific resolutions, so it can be difficult to reproduce. In general we can only consistently reproduce it on a 4k resolution with a browser width between 1517 and 1536px. 
      Thanks to Michael Kummer's help we were able to set the overflow-anchor property to none in the entire body, which fixed the issue as far as we can tell, but also obviously disabled scroll anchoring for the whole site. I tried applying it to the specific element that looked like it was being reloaded, which was the PL Meganav extension, but that was unsuccessful. 
      Can anyone help us figure out which element or ID we can apply this property to, so that we can fix the scrolling issue but not disable scroll anchoring for the entire site?
      Thank you - 
      Glyph Language Services
    • jeomiland
      By jeomiland+
      Hi
      Have researched this in the forum and find a couple ancient posts from 2011 and 2014 apparently for pre-DMS2?
      Am using latest Wordpress  4.8.4 running DMS Version: 2.2.4 theme
      When in the editor (Chrome), the page looks fine, but when logged out and viewing individual posts, they show up twice - one in the column I have setup and a second time at bottom of content page but above footer???
      Each page has 2 columns, left column is biggest and contains wploop/content and comments. wpcontent loop is displaying a second time below both columns but ONLY when not in editor. While in editor, second wp content block does not appear???
      https://cassclayton.com/el-chapultapec/  is a post. You can get to it from NEWS | News/Blog dropdown menu, then choosing a post.
      The 2011, 2014 posts talk about going into Settings and adjusting the excerpts vs full settings, but can't find anywhere to do this in DMS???
      Not sure if this is a new issue or old one i just now noticed.

Best regards,
      John-eriK

• chamois_blanc
      By chamois_blanc+
      Hello,
      Shouldn't the image PL5 component be using the srcset/picture css directives to pick the correct size for an image? or it does already and I don't know how to use it? Thank you for any advice or enlightenment.
    • Dan Haddock
      By Dan Haddock
      Plugins Active and installed: 
      Akismet Anti-Spam
      Coming Soon Page & Maintenance Mode by SeedProd
      Contact Form 7
      Cookie Law Info
      DMS Professional Tools  
      Enhanced Media Library  
      Flamingo
      Google Analytics for WordPress by MonsterInsights
      Google XML Sitemap
      Jetpack by WordPress.com
      Legull 
      Loginizer   
      MailChimp for WordPress
      PageLines Updater    
      Schema App Structured Data 
      Sucuri Security - Auditing, Malware Scanner and Hardening
      Uber reCaptcha    
      Yoast SEO
      Wordpress Version: 4.8.1
      Pagelines Version: 2.2.4

Good Evening/Afternoon or Morning, 
      I am running into a problem with CSS styling not applying inside of most browsers (Safari, Firefox) when I am logged in to wordpress, and all browsers that I have tested when I am logged off and the site has been made public (Chrome, Firefox and Safari).
      As a result, I have managed to identify the probable cause. It looks as though these browsers are refusing to render my sites compiled CSS file due to it being a HTTP URL rather than HTTPS.
      I have attempted to change this URL to HTTPS in my browser, however it brings back an ERROR: File not found page - https://www.shortfilmblog.com/wp-content/uploads/pagelines/compiled-css-core-1505847507.css
      What would you suggest in this regard? Would this be resolvable from your end?
      Happy to provide any further details required.
    • Borries
      By Borries+
      I know this is not an easy problem. Maybe there is a easy solution.
      I have tryed to uses the existing solution, that I have found in the forum
      I changed the colours of my nav (simple nav) and the hover effect (a. hover).
      I really tryed to highlight the active/used link in the nav but I cant figure it out.
      I want it to be black when active.
      Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
      http://www.marcborries.de  nav link: "Sinn & Selbst"