Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stug

rolling news section

stug    0
stug

latest version of pagelines framework

I have a static home page and I am trying to create an area on it that displays the news about what I am doing to the site. I'd like if possible if it could be displayed in a box with a scroll bar. I'm thinking that I need to create a post called news and then display it in the box but i;m not sure if this is the right way to go about it. Then I would have to keep editing the post when I had new news which seems clumsy. Would appreciate being pointed in the right direction. I'm sure I have seen this sort of thing on other sites. I don't want to list latest posts because it is an article based website. just want a simple way of displaying news.

thanks

Rob    547
Rob

Hi,

You can create a category for display in the sidebar, and use a plugin like Special Recent Posts to display it with a similar appearance to the blog.  But SRP doesn't actually scroll.

There's a slider called "Recent Posts Slider" which lets you set the category IDs for any categories you wish to display.  You can easily customize this to display the title, feature image and other info for the posts in your custom category.

There are some scrolling RSS readers, which could, in theory, display a simple RSS feed in rote.  However, I've never been able to get them working on any PL based site, since before PlatformPro.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

• Similar Content

• kulmetehan
      By kulmetehan
      Hi guys,

Currently I'm working on a website for a client. My client wants a "news section" in which they can post the latest articles on their company/product.

I want to make this page in such a way that the only thing they need to do is make a blog post/article in WordPress, set the category and BAM it's online in the news section.

I'm looking for advise on how to do this, and how to make it look good. Like for example, what section would you use to do this? 

Your help is very much appreciated!
    • shawnlunny
      By shawnlunny
      You guys have some great themes. Is there anyway to get a news based theme?
    • outtareach
      By outtareach
      I am trying to use feedwordpress to pull news to a postloop.  I have the loop on a page and the news is being pulled in but it is not displaying on the page, the page is blank.  Is there something special I should be doing to get the post to display?
    • interactive
      By interactive
      Where are the updates / news / announcements from PagesLines management?

Why has Andrew Powers NOT updated everyone with an official news release? He looks so genuine and passionate about his company and products in the promo videos.

You want us to support you and be patient while you fix things, but there is not enough info being released to existing (PLUS) subscribers.

Give us some confidence back and be honest with us. Release a video explaing where we are and how long we still need to wait. PLEASE!

The longer you keep silent, the worse it is going to get. DO SOME PR.