Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

adda4u

Regd:Footer

adda4u

Hi,

I tried to insert footer but i couldn't get it. Can you please give me some clue please.

Site: nigellane.com.au

Srihari

Rob

Hi Srihari,

The footer should be built into DMS, automatically, and positioned at the bottom.  Do you see the word footer on the bottom, left-side? Do you also see a little pencil icon? If so, click that.  You can then style the footer.

If you don't see the footer at all, can you screenshot the site in Chrome, while logged in?

Thanks.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

adda4u

Hi Rob,

Thanks i have enabled the footer but it is coming in Light colored fonts...Can we add some background image which will make it look much better.

Please Visit the below site

nigellane.com.au

colleenc

I'm not an expert, but I have been working on my site for a few days and learning DMS by trial and error. It looks like maybe you have unintentionally added a styling class to the footer? Is that possible? Check by clicking on the last pencil on the left and checking the global settings for the footer section. Once you confirm you don't have anything in the Styling Classes Box (under Standard Options), click on the "Area Theme" box, under "Area Styling". There, you should be able to choose a style for the area. Dark with a light text seems to be what you are looking for, and it is an available option.

Hopefully this will work for you.

All the best!

Rob

Hi,

Something's radically wrong here adda4u.  Your site seems to be an older version of Framework Lite, not DMS.  Additionally, it's using the twitter feed bar which is deprecated for Framework for several months.

If you'll spend the time to learn CSS, you will see that you can actually set a background color or image for the footer section. http://www.w3schools.com/css/

It can be as simple as

#footer {background-color: navy;}

When I look at your custom code, I'm seeing:

#footer {
  clear: both;
  text-align: left;
  position: relative;
  color: rgba(170,170,170,0.6);
}
#footer li.link-list a,
#footer .widget-title {
  color: rgba(170,170,170,0.6);
}
#footer a,
#footer li h5 a {
  color: #AAAAAA;
}

The RGB 170, 170, 170 converts to #AAAAAA, which is a medium to lighter grey. So you have grey on white. I promise, we didn't put that there. Some text of that color is set to 60% opacity, so it's 40% transparent.  That adds to its lightness.

Try adding my code.  But please, if you're going to post about Framework, post in the proper forum.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur