Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stug

featured image problem

stug    0
stug

Pagelines framework latest version.

I can't seem to stop my featured image appearing at the top of the post.

I know this has been asked before.

I have read the other posts relating to this and I think I have made the right changes but the thumb still shows at the top of the post.

I have only set the featured image in one post until I can get it to work. http://loveyogaanatomy.com/opening-the-heart/

I have changed the thumbnail settings as suggested in other posts, see attached image.[attachment=1502:thumb placement.jpg]

Rob    547
Rob

I believe your content is delivered using the Letters section, and thus it is that which is providing the image.

Try adding this code to your Custom Code:

.pl-letters-container .letters-article .letters-thumb a img {
    display: none;
    max-height: 338px;
    width: auto;
}

You should also look at the settings for the Letters section to see if there's an option there to hide the post thumbnail.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

stug    0
stug

Hi Rob, have inserted the custom code, but the featured image still shows. I went looking for settings for the letters section in the page options but is showing as inactive in all types of pages although I know I use it for posts. Is there somewhere else I should be looking?

Rob    547
Rob

Try this:

.pl-letters-container .letters-article .letters-thumb {
    display: none;
    margin: 26px auto;
    max-width: 60%;
    text-align: center;
}

Add this code to Dashboard > PageLines > Site Options > Custom Code.

stug    0
stug

Hey Rob, that worked a treat. Just wanted to take the time to thank you guys for the help you give us. I know for sure you have saved me hours of messing around getting nowhere, not only issue this but also in the past.

So thanks again

Rob    547
Rob

Thanks for the kind words.

• Similar Content

• globalnative
      By globalnative+
      Hi there!
      I'm trying to create a featured image for my new blog post. It has text in it, and when I add it as a featured image some of the text is cut off on the right.
      Could I get the ideal dimensions for featured images? Or, a way to customise the dimensions so that they are easier to fit in the way I need?
      Thank you kindly
      Nate

• BlueSkyCreative
      By BlueSkyCreative+
      Hi there
      I have postgrid on a new site I am developing and want to try using png images as a featured image, but they are rendering on the page as a black square?
      Any ideas as to why? 
      the site example is here http://orionglobalms.com/ scroll down to our services section and the first one has a png image as a featured image

Many thanks
      Paul

• MissT
      By MissT+
      The featured images from the search results page seem to be missing - the featured images are there when you view the individual posts and on the Magazine section blog page but there are broken links on the Search Results page. See screen shot...
      WP - 4.4.2
      Platform5 - 5.0.132
      Can provide a link to the site privately.
      Many thanks in advance.

• opwolken
      By opwolken
      I'm wondering if it's possible to apply the featured image to a page's canvas area?
      I would like to have the featured image in a canvas on the matching page.
      Thanks!
    • abuzzelli
      By abuzzelli+
      Hi, I would like to know how to change my featured image on the post page to be the medium size instead of the thumbnail. I would like the thumbnail size to stay at 150x150px on the blog list view, but on the actual post page I want it to show 300x300px. Having trouble with this. Thanks!

http://brkichdesigngroup.com/fitwithmai/recipes/peanut-butter-oatmeal/