Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

capgras

Swiffy insert

capgras

Hello, I'm trying to use Swiffy insert plugin, i have some simple .swf animations which I exported to HTML5 with the Swiffy extension, It seems to work fine, I like to be able to use vectors and animations in Wordpress, but when ever I insert a swiffy element into a page, the element is displayed correctly but the page suddenly gets this large empty space above the header, the background image is still visible in the empty space, but even the DMS left corner icons for section manipulations dont show for that part, because i guess, the page actually stops at the top of the header... Any solutions to thiss because, as I said earlier, I would really like to be able to use swiffy

Rob

I presume you mean one of the two plugins here:  http://wordpress.org/plugins/search.php?q=swiffy

Both of these are compatible up to WP 3.5.2 and have not been updated for 3.6.

They may be incompatible with DMS because of other things than Flash, causing the appearance of the area you mention. I'd suggest writing to the developer, asking them to download DMS and test their product in DMS.  They can then upgrade to WP3.6 and you'll have a working product.  If they're good, dedicated programmers, this should be easy for them.  But if they're hobbyists, you may need to find an alternative method.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur