Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

capgras

Styling Classes noob

capgras    1
capgras

Hallo, im really not into coding, I managed to customize some of the stuff using "Custom Code", mostly by pasting stuff i found online, however my next problem is very simple, but i cant find a solution, i want to change one word color and font size in a textbox, i guess the correct way is to use "Styling Classes" somehow, please help...

Danny    1,327
Danny
Hi, If you you want to change the color and font size of a specific word in your text, then you will want to use HTML with inline styling. See here for examples. http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_css.asp

Please search our forums, before posting!

capgras    1
capgras

Ok thank you, I will give it a go, I am trying to manipulate a DMS textbox, to have different font sizes and colors in the textbox.

Rob    547
Rob

Let us know how you get along with that!

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

capgras    1
capgras

hi, its going well, naming different textboxes with styling classes and reducing their margins and padding to minimum in custom code, also line height needs to be modified, too bad i cant use it in a single text box, the html with inline styling works well, but it ignores the textbox completely, so i wind up having a textbox with it s default "type ur text here" sign, or i have a double text overlapping... i feel like im doing this backwards...

capgras    1
capgras

also, this is a fairly  easy way to completely jumble up the responsivenes

Rob    547
Rob

Well, if you use px, yes.  But if you use % and em, you'll retain the responsiveness.  I've made that mistake and learned my lesson.

capgras    1
capgras

thanks egg, i switched all my values to em, it works, u helped a lot

Rob    547
Rob

Glad to help, anytime!