Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

laughingmom

home page to show image too?

laughingmom    0
laughingmom

Hello,

I am using the PLATFORM theme. I have it set to show just excerpts on the homepage. How do I edit it to show the excerpt, plus the image for the post? Your demo shows this capability.

Rob    547
Rob

Are you using DMS or PlatformPro?

I don't know of any literature or demonstrations we've offered that show excerpts only. That can be achieved with CSS.  May I have a link?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

laughingmom    0
laughingmom

Thank you for your reply. Your Platform Pro has a whole section on configuring if a blog post shows in a excerpt or full on the initial page, blog page, search results and categories.

But I figured out how to add the image! In each post, there is the option to select a 'Feature Image'.

Thank you.

Rob    547
Rob

Excellent. 

You may want to consider upgrading to DMS, as PlatformPro is no longer supported. You will find it amazing. I convered a PPro site I built more than 2 years ago, to DMS... a big site too, and did it in under 90 minutes, including new graphics. It's amazing!

laughingmom    0
laughingmom

I am not pumped to hear that. I JUST signed up for wordpress.org and Platform Pro shows as an available template, along with a link to "get support". I just spent 2 weeks migrating my site over, not sure I am interested in doing it all again. Perhaps the template should be marked somewhere to indicate it isn't supported.

Rob    547
Rob

Platform Pro is on Wordpress.org? I find Platform (the lite version), and PageLines (the lite version of Framework), but not Platform Pro, which was a paid version.  Can you point me to the source of this?

laughingmom    0
laughingmom

Sorry - Platform is available. The Pro is an option to purchase.

Get the Pro Version
Platform is a free theme based on PageLines Framework, a premium product by PageLines.
Buy PageLines Framework for tons more options, sections and templates.

Rob    547
Rob

That's outdated information.  PlatformPro and Framework are no longer available for purchase. PlatformPro is more than 3 years old, and Framework, though younger, is being slowly replaced by DMS. While Framework still works, it cannot be purchased today.

DMS is the way to go, and a much, much better solution than the free version of Platform, which is quite old technology and much more difficult to use than DMS.

• Similar Content

• BentleyD
      By BentleyD+
      Hey there,

I am working on BentleyRolling.com. I used grams on MoonbodySoul.com and all the images are cropped to a square, whether they are square or 4:5 when posted on instagram, they still get cropped to a square. This looks way better than some being squares and some being 4:5. Did something change since I designed MoonBodySoul.com with Platform5? Can you help me crop all images to a square on BentleyRolling.com 

All the best,

Bentley
    • Emili
      By Emili+
      HI, I have problems in page Editor to fully use platform 5.
      When I choose a Wordpress content section everything is fine : my post can be clicked.
      MY PROBLEM : When I choose a Platfom 5 section (like Magazine or MagX or Pins ou Loops...) and I click on my posts : nothing happens, it reboots on the home page.
      Can anybody help me please?
    • cstudio
      By cstudio
      How do I control the lightbox effect on the plugin "popthumbs"?  On mobile, it opens up much to small then when expanded it opens to large.  I would like to control the the lightbox to like 90% of the viewer window but I can't figure out how/where to control that.
      Site example

Thx
    • Queue-it
      By Queue-it+
      Hi,
      I am using pl-section-journey and hiding most of the images. When running the page via google speed insights, it tells to optimize all the images that are in this plugins default. (e.g. https://queue-it.com/wp-content/plugins/pl-section-journey/images/drawer-5.jpg ) Like this one that is not visible on the website, but is a part of the plugin and comes up in google insights.
      I've deleted all the images in the plugin, but they still seem to come up. Ref. this page: queue-it.com/features
    • globalnative
      By globalnative+
      Hi there!
      I'm trying to create a featured image for my new blog post. It has text in it, and when I add it as a featured image some of the text is cut off on the right.
      Could I get the ideal dimensions for featured images? Or, a way to customise the dimensions so that they are easier to fit in the way I need?
      Thank you kindly
      Nate