Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

outtareach

Background issue

outtareach

All I want to do is put an image in the background off to the left with nothing else on the page but some content to the right.  When I go to "color and style" and add my image if I put it at 0/0 it isnt off to the left.  Also when I delete all the other content on the screen I just get part of the background displaying.  If its the background for the body why would it not just display in the background?  Just confused as to why when I delete everything else it closes the background.  What I am trying to achieve is a basic coming soon page with the image to the one side and some content to the right of the image so thats why I deleted all the current content so I can fill it with my coming soon stuff.  Any help is appreciated.    [attachment=1485:Screen Shot 2013-09-06 at 10.04.49 PM.png]

outtareach

in firebug my background is at 50% even when its set to 0% 0 in dms?  Something is changing my values and not sure what it is.

outtareach

its a DMS bug, setting it to 1% horizontal give me almost to the edge but setting it to 0% moves it 50%.

Rob

There may be another higher element causing the 50% setting as inline CSS.

Have you considered just setting this background image using CSS directly?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

outtareach

I set the .site-wrap div with my values and that worked but was the only way to do it.  I posted the issue in the bugs and it is already a noticed problem.  If you put 1% for horizontal it gives it close but putting 0% makes it 50%

Rob

Thanks for filing the bug report!

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur