Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lakersalex

Brandnav Drop Down and Arrows missing on Safari

lakersalex    4
lakersalex
I'm not sure how or when it happened, but this website I built a while back is now missing the drop down menu and arrows in Safari only. Chrome and Firefox are working fine.

Framework Version: 2.4.1

WordPress Version: 3.5.1

Plugins in Use: 
wordfence
use-google-libraries
sucuri-wp-plugin
reveal-ids-for-wp-admin-25
post-types-order
portfolio-slideshow-pro
pagelines-sections
pagelines-googlefonts
pagelines-customize
launchpage
google-sitemap-generator
duplicator
display-posts-shortcode
contact-form-7
cloudflare
better-wp-security

Any clue what might be happening?

lakersalex    4
lakersalex

I'm looking at the code using Inspect Element on Safari and Firefox and comparing them. The drop down arrow code is missing in Safari!! Here's what's missing right after the <a> tag of the first menu item:

<span class="sf-sub-indicator"> </span>

How is Safari missing this piece of code?

James B    436
James B

Hi there,

I've not seen that happen before to be honest, but checking in safari it is removing that code.

Firstly, I would say disable your plugins to test in case something else uses a similar class. Then clear your cache via cloudflare too and remove your css (copy into a blank text doc then paste back, are you using any browser specific css?).

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

lakersalex    4
lakersalex

Thanks for taking a look James. The culprit turned out to be Cloudflare. 

I cleared the cache in Cloudflare. That didn't help.

Then I turned off Cloudflare entirely. That still didn't help.

Then I disabled the Cloudflare plugin. That fixed it.

The Cloudflare plugin was out of date, I updated the plugin and reactivated it.

Then it worked for a minute and then stopped working again.

I dialed down the cloudflare settings so that it is a CDN only, no speed enhancements.

So far it's working now.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Rob    547
Rob

Thanks for letting us know about this.  It's important for many others who use Cloudflare and your comments here will be helpful to them all.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

• Similar Content

• novusweb
      By novusweb+
      We're seeing an abnormal break in widgets in Safari (El Capitan v10.11.4). 3 Widgets set for 4 of 12 columns each breaks correctly in Chrome and Firefox, but the 3rd widget goes to another line in Safari.
      Screenshot attached.
      Hoping there's a CSS fix you could recommend in the meantime, until an update. You can see this on our home page: www.novusweb.com.
    • ppotent
      By ppotent
      It seems that whenever media is set to be on the left, there is a problem with the way safari displays them. I used to have boxes with media on left when i was using DMS2, but since PL5, I've had to use only media on top. I know there are a few css suggestions that people have offered, but I'm wondering if such suggestions can't be built into the boxes code for PL5 rather than having to add extra CSS. Otherwise, am really liking PL5 over DMS2.

• David Shelton
      By David Shelton+
      I use Adobe's Fonts.com for specific branded fonts for our site, and it's working nicely on Chrome and Firefox. However, the fonts all default in Safari. Is there anything I need to look at?
      http://madeintheshadeblindsfranchising.com
    • emilyf
      By emilyf+
      Our new Pagelines site has been up about a month (brianboggschairmakers.com) and so far it's worked fairly well. 
      Reviewing our Google Analytics, however, has brought to my attention that the site is loading exceptionally slowly on Safari, both on mobile and desktop. Average load time for each page is 4-8 seconds, but on Safari, it's over 22 seconds!
      Anybody else have this problem? Any recommendations?

• thesongchanneler
      By thesongchanneler
      Hello. Have you come across this problem? I'm building my website in google Chrome, and all my pages open. But if I (or someone else) uses Safari (maybe other browsers too?) the home page opens, but then when they click on a widget, the inked page shows my header and nav but a 404 Error symbol for everything else. Is there a plug in or something I can do to fix this?

Thank You!