Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

flourishdesignstudio

Page Loading, Missing Stylesheets (Sometimes), Errors

flourishdesignstudio

I've created a new website using DMS, and I am having issues with server errors and some pages loading without a complete stylesheet.

I contacted the host and they checked out the .htaccess file and DNS settings, and everything appears fine on their end. So, I tried installing WP Super Cache, and still had issue and the CSS was not loading on the site, so then I tried Wp Minify, and again, no css loaded.

I checked out the performance plugin P3 and it indicated that the load time for the theme is huge. What can I do to improve this without breaking my site? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

flourishdesignstudio

I realized that a link to the site would probably help! http://rasaspa.com

Almost every time I poke around the blog, and click around the posts, I can recreate the problem. But it happens pretty frequently on other pages as well.

James B

Hi there,

I have seen this happen on your site when viewing. It's related to the server timing out/not connecting by the looks of it. Every couple of pages you seem to be getting a server 500 error message and the page doesn't load. Then sometimes the page loads but the css file has a server 500 error and therefore the css doesn't generate.

I would advise speaking to the host again and getting them to check the error log on your hosting account, see if any errors are showing and getting them to double check your setup as its a connection/server issue which is stopping the page from loading.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B