Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

altonc

Plugin Refunds

altonc

I recently purchased a plugin through the Pagelines store. It turns out the plugin does not work for me for various reasons. I notified the programmer within days and requested a refund. I have not received a response. I've posted a dispute on PayPal - which the programmer has to address, and has not.  (I should have used American Express at checkout)

Is there another way to pursue this? Is there any mechanism for a refund?

A thought for the suggestion box: A trial period. Plug-ins should/could have a 10 day trial period before you have to purchase them or not. 

Thanks.

A

fliptheu

Totally agree. Also, the description on some of the plugins are awful. As a user, I want to know with absolute clarity what the plugin does within the first 5 seconds.

fliptheu

"Finding beauty one picture and one pixel at a time."

http://www.fliptheu.com

Simon

A public forum is not the place to discuss billing issues, either with PageLines Products or 3rd party addons.

Please contact the billing dept if you have a billing issue, unless of course you want to keep it out in this public arena.

The contact page is in the footer of every pagelines.com page.

altonc

A public forum is not the place to discuss billing issues, either with PageLines Products or 3rd party addons.

Please contact the billing dept if you have a billing issue, unless of course you want to keep it out in this public arena.

The contact page is in the footer of every pagelines.com page.

This is broader topic than a billing issue.

I will contact the billing department as you suggest, however, this is not an issue with my actual Pageline account, but a vendor in the Pagelines store. Most references to issues with third party vendors on this forum encourage contacting them and not Pagelines/DMS - which I've done to no avail. So here we are.

Simon

So, you have not said what plugin or what author, are you hoping the author finds this post by accident?

If you dont want to go through billing then at least provide some basic info so the author can potentially respond.

altonc

So, you have not said what plugin or what author, are you hoping the author finds this post by accident?

If you dont want to go through billing then at least provide some basic info so the author can potentially respond.

The author, or plugin isn't really relevant.  It is NOT my intent to bad-mouth them, or drag their product through the mud.  The author has had plenty of opportunities to respond through their requested channels.

The plugin, and it's support, just didn't work for my needs - It's likely fine in other situations.

Let's discuss how we can improve how the plug-ins, themes, etc are presented to potential buyers. Coming from standard WordPress world where brilliant plugins are free, or relatively inexpensive, the price of Pagelines/DMS plugins, etc., in the store are steep by comparison - and I'm willing to pay (obviously), however, better customer service is to be expected. I'm quite sure most of these vendors are all about service, just not the one I've dealt with so far. Unfortunately, I will be more cautious/reluctant to purchase these kind of items moving forward. I want to support this community, however, one bad apple …

Rob

@altonc 

First to be clear, you are refusing to provide information that will assist us in helping you.  That is simply not going to benefit either of us or anyone else.

Second, this forum does not handle billing issues, and it is a technical support forum, not a place to air unspecified grievances.

Third, the developers of third party products do not issue refunds.  If you read this forum at all, you'd see that all billing issues, including refunds are issued by writing to hello@pagelines.com.  As there is a limited window of time for refunds, continuing to discuss this only narrows that window and minimizes your opportunity to get the refund you desire.

This is not the place to discuss improving plugins or expressing your opinions about, or comparisons of, how others handle plugins. You neglect, most conveniently, the fact that 85% of the plugins at WP.org do not work or are outdated.  Our developers maintain their products and support them, where most on WP.org provide little to no support. 

I would urge you to provide the answers to the questions asked by moderators and developers.  Simon is our senior developer and when he's trying to help you, it's rather inappropriate to brush him off, or anyone else who replies trying to assist you. 

Now, in conclusion, if you'll write to hello@pagelines.com and tell them which products you wish refunds for, and provide them the receipts you received for your purchase, they'll apply refunds for all qualified purchases.  I should also note I'm not going to engage in a debate here about your opinion, nor that of anyone else for that matter, of how we do business or our products.  If need be, I'll close the topic as unrelated to technical support. 

Thank you for your kind cooperation, understanding and patience.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

altonc

Like a bad boy in catholic school, my knuckles have been rapped.

tinsky

I've been waiting for over two weeks for a response from the hello email address.  You are right to persue a response from every channel you can.

Rob

Tinsky, I understand our billing office has in fact replied to you several times. Check your junk mail folder as it may have been misdirected.  Also, please understand, this is NOT the forum for billing and no matter how often you or anyone posts here about refunds they are NOT going to be handled here. We do not have access to the billing or refunds system. 

Rob

altonc.... Sister Mary Herbert taught me well!