Sign in to follow this  
fbrophy

Changing fonts on Platform Pro

fbrophy    0
fbrophy

Hi, I'm just getting started putting together a site with Platform Pro. It's my first time building a site so please make the answer dummy-friendly. I would like to change the fonts site-wide to sans-serif fonts: Trebuchet, Verdana & Sans-serif Where do I go about making this change? In the "Text & Fonts" area there only seems to be space for Google Fonts. Thanks, Fiona

Andrew    201
Andrew

Hi Fiona, Are you using the Child theme to do customizations? ANdrew

fbrophy    0
fbrophy

Hi Andrew, At the moment I'm just working in the main Platform Pro 1.0.9 but I have the Base 1.0.2 in my themes folder and could acivate that. Fiona

cmunns    16
cmunns

Base is a safer bet, because custom changes won't get over written when we update Platform. Basic non-Cufon/google fonts can be added to the base.css such as ` body{ font-family:trebuchet, verdana, sans-serif; } ` and ` .font-highlight, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6 { font-family:trebuchet, verdana, sans-serif; } `

fbrophy    0
fbrophy

Hi Adam, I pasted those two pieces in and it has taken effect. Do I now switch back to editing in the main PlatformPro Theme? I only ask because the navigation changes I made there before switching to base are not showing up in the base version. thanks, Fiona

cmunns    16
cmunns

I would do it all in BASE to be safe. Copy over any thing you have placed in Platform

style    0
style

I have base installed and added the following to the "Custom CSS" "Custom Rules" section and nothing changed:

body{
	font-family:trebuchet, verdana, sans-serif;
	}

.font-highlight, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6  {
	font-family:trebuchet, verdana, sans-serif;
	}

Is there something i'm doing incorrectly?

Andrew    201
Andrew

post a live link to your site and we'll use Firebug to figure out what's going on :)