Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jens

Business branding and sections - what is wrong?

Jens    3
Jens

Hello Ellen,

When I drag-n-drop the Branding into a section and set all my colors and logo into it,- then the general- and the bottom padding that I have just set in thee l section settings in order to push my logo down, where it belongs - are all gone.

When I save in the DMS again, then the color and the logo and the urls to my social sites are also gone...

Any thoughts to what can be done to avoid this?

Thank you,

BR
Jens

ellenmva    112
ellenmva

First issue sounds like you are trying to change the Section Area Padding, right? If so, make sure before you refresh to wait a couple of seconds to make sure that option is saved.

As for the second issue, almost sounds like a caching issue. Happens to me on a cached site and I have to do a hard refresh (on my Mac shift-F5) in order to see the options I put in.

And, is this only happening with Business Branding or with other sections as well? Just haven't heard of losing options in Business Branding after saving.

Ellen

Ellen Moore

Pagelines Developer

www.elsue.com www.betterdms.com

Jake    74
Jake

Hi Jens - I'm not sure I'm fully able to replicate the problem you outlined. If what you're trying to accomplish is mainly to move your logo down a bit, you may try adding the following custom CSS.

.section-business-branding .bb-business-logo {margin-top: 10px;}

Have you searched the forums yet or checked out the DMS user docs?

PageLines geek, blogging at MyUntangledLife.com

Jens    3
Jens

Hello,

Thank you for your replies...

@Ellen: Unfortunately did your suggestions not have any effects.

@Jake: After some thinking about the procedure of mine - then I suspect that the problems started coming when I added a simply nav section to the footer and there was already the standard one in the top of the DMS...

- In other words are there some of the sections that only can be represented once pr. page? For example can I only add one Branding section or the second will replace the first. But some of the sections could be added more than once, but their code could somehow conflict if added more than once.

Could this happen? 

Jens    3
Jens

To sum up my experiences:

These 2 actions make the Branding not work:

Ubermu (MegaMenu) menu section

If you change the padding in the section, where the Branding is placed. (Jakes css code could be used instead and that works).

Do you have any clue on what could be done to MegaMenu to make the Branding work?

ellenmva    112
ellenmva

So Ubermenu and Business Branding are in the same Section Area? I have that setup and it works fine together. It could be a jQuery error that is happening from another plugin on the page or maybe if you are using widgets in Ubermenu.

Do you have a link where I can see the site?

Ellen

Ellen Moore

Pagelines Developer

Jenny    33
Jenny

Please let us know if you still need help with this topic otherwise I will close it in 7 days. Thanks!

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

Jens    3
Jens

It is ok. I had though to reset my template to make it work. So it can just as well be an issue with the maturity of the DMS. Resetting the template was how the Branding section end out working. But thanks for the heads up, Jenny :-)

• Like 1

jksanford    1
jksanford

It is ok. I had though to reset my template to make it work. So it can just as well be an issue with the maturity of the DMS. Resetting the template was how the Branding section end out working. But thanks for the heads up, Jenny :-)

How did you 'reset' the template?  I can't get the logo and the Branding info lines to align at the top.  The logo is at the top of the page, and the info lines are several lines below the logo (but at the right hand side of the page where they are supposed to be).

Jens    3
Jens

On the top of my head, I recall that  I deleted the template, then used the default template or one of the other templates, and started to adjust and tweak accordingly.

ellenmva    112
ellenmva

How did you 'reset' the template? I can't get the logo and the Branding info lines to align at the top. The logo is at the top of the page, and the info lines are several lines below the logo (but at the right hand side of the page where they are supposed to be).

Make sure that the number of columns for the three different areas, logo/site title, code area and business info area doesn't exceed 12. For example, if the were all 4 columns each then that would span the full width of the header area.

Does that help?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Ellen Moore

Pagelines Developer

• Similar Content

• Pankaj32
      By Pankaj32
      Hello, my site is looks fine in google chrome however the fonts sizes appear bigger in IE and fire fox. I am using the IE 11 and latest version in mozilla fire fox too. Many sections are also displaying default DMS items in place of whats is actually added in them.
      The site's url  is delhirealestateguy.com . Would appreciate if someone can take a look and advice. Regards, 
    • scswraps
      By scswraps
      Looking to add text links directly below the primary logo on the Business Branding section, is this possible using hooks?
      Thank you.
    • Pankaj32
      By Pankaj32
      Hello, I had scanned through the forum and looks like my question has already been answered in a few threads already but I could not get any of those solutions to work for me. So please bear with me.
      I bought the "business branding section" and now I need to change the title of the font (oswald) and size too. Please let me know what code can I use to achieve this and where exactly am I suppose to paste this code. I had tried to experiment with various codes provided in other threads but none of them seem to make a different after refreshing. 

• sersanet
      By sersanet
      Hello Ellen,

I have just installed the business branding plugin to a new site for a customer..
      www-marbellawordpress.com

For some reason i cannot seem to get the text to appear that has been added to the business branding section, additional business information.

Please would you see your way to helping with this problem.

Kind regards..
    • radroz
      By radroz
      Hey Ellen, what would it take to add Pinterest to the Business Branding options?