Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

welcome

Cannot update them and a little more

welcome

Hi,

I'm a longtime user of Pagelines and love it. I'm currently testing DMS and have 3 questions/problems- my expertise level is very basic :)

1--I could not install DMS theme via Wordpress dashboard so I had to do it via ftp.  Now I am unable to update via dashboard, I receive the following "An error occured while updating Pagelines DMS: Could not remove old theme". 

2--Do I need to install a child theme or customize plugin like i had with framework?

3--Do i need to include a post loop section in all of my content areas?

Thanks for your help!

Danny

Hi,

1. Sounds like you have either an issue with your Wordpress or your server environment could be rather strict which is preventing these from happening.

2. See here for an explanation - http://docs.pagelines.com/customize/how-to-customize

3. You only need to include the Content/PostLoop section if you want to see your posts or page content that you added via the page editor.

Please search our forums, before posting!

welcome

Thanks for your response.

How do I overcome the update issue?  Is there a way to do it via ftp and if so what steps would i take?

Re the Content/Postloop question I'm not sure i understand exactly what you mean.  When you say page editor do you mean the old way via Dashboard then Pages option?  And don't need if I use editor in Chrome (new way) via text boxes, etc?

Thanks again,