Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

erniede

update to Faithful Theme just WIPED OUT all its files?

erniede    1
erniede

I saw a notice inside WordPress that the theme needed updating...  So, like an idiot, I believed it and told it to Update the theme.

It completely wiped out ALL the files inside the faithful folder in the themes area.

That's a full week of work on a website GONE.  Just what did I do wrong???

Tell me again why I'm using DMS???

Rob    547
Rob

Hi,

First, I apologize for this inconvenience. 

I've referred this to the developer of that child theme.

What did you add into the child theme that is now missing?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

oliverwaller    0
oliverwaller

I'm also having issues since I updated. I updated DMS to the lastest version, 1.0.3, as well as the Faithful theme v1.1.1.
Now I can not use the DMS on-screen editor... it just will not open the option tabs at the bottom of the at all.

Here is what I'm seeing:

http://screencast.com/t/l45wtGwi

I'm getting really frustrated and I two have had two weeks of work on this nixed due to the updates. Not sure where to turn at this point.

any advice would be appreciated.  thanks  -oliver-

Jenny    33
Jenny

I have asked the developer to follow up on this topic.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

James Giroux+    2
James Giroux

Hey All.  There was an issue with the navbar in DMS that required an update as well as an issue with how the PageLines API was grabbing the zip folder.  These changes caused the zip folder to appear empty.  I apologize for this.  It has been corrected.  Along with that update were some changes to a few of the custom sections that were included.  Those changes caused other issues as DMS v1.0.3 changed the way things were loaded.  The most up-to-date version is v1.1.4.  If you are still having issues getting it to load properly, send me a message via http://jamesgiroux.ca/contact and we can tackle any issues together.  

James.

James Giroux, CEO
Groundwork

James Giroux+    2
James Giroux

I just tested an upgrade from Faithful 1.1.1 to Faithful 1.1.4 and it worked for me (on a live site).  If you're having other issues again, let me know and I can help.

James Giroux, CEO
Groundwork

Jenny    33
Jenny

Please let us know if you still need help with this topic otherwise I will close it in 7 days. Thanks!

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

• Similar Content

• cwassie
      By cwassie
      Updated to DMS 2.0. Home page theme was set to None. In attempt to change DMS 2.0 Navi changed to Faithful Theme on edit page. Lost changes. Is it possible to change back to "None" and restore contents? How do you restore Faithful Fixed Navigation in DMS 2.0?
    • Stephen
      By Stephen
      Hi, 

Last night I purchased the Faithful Child Theme. I can't find any theme documentation or set-up file - both were included for paid themes prior to DMS. I've installed the theme and activated it and for the life of me I can't seem to get it looking like the demo. Is there theme specific documentation and a set-up file? If so where can I get it. Please advise.

Stephen 
    • rekrekrek
      By rekrekrek
      Hi everyone, 

Any idea about the way I can change the text of the "Read More" button in the Faithfull theme ? 

Thanks !