Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mav72

Columns disappeared on Platform Wordpress theme

mav72    0
mav72

I have the free version of platform running on Wordpress. It is going to be a live news site.

Until last night I had a functioning website I was about to launch. It had a main column and 2 sidebars that I had set up using the layout dimensions in the Pageline Settings.

I have spent months working on this to get it right.

I was just about to start my news site and the pagelines settings froze and I lost the layout. I now have just the default layout, one very wide main column and a very wide side bar, which is not suitable for my needs.

I have updated the layout javascript file and cleared the cache on my browser. That unfroze the settings page but any changes I make to the layout don't take affect. The save button works but nothing actually saves.

I have researched online and there is obviously an issue with this component of Platform going back years.

I have lost a lot of time and I'm extremely worried about the situation. 

All I need are my 3 columns back (main column 400px, side bar 1 360px, side bar 2 200px) and everything will be fine.

I am aware the solution to this problem in code terms is trivial but I have read forums and it seems that Pagelines staff are more keen to guide users with this problem into a solution that costs them money.

Apart from this problem the software is excellent and I will probably upgrade to Framework in the next few months as my content volume increases, but for now, the free version is adequate.

Please help me recover my 3-column layout!

Steve

Rob    547
Rob

Steve,

PlatformPro is deprecated since June 1, 2013 and no longer supported since July 1.   It is probably breaking down from WP 3.6 or a plugin is causing a conflict.  Please expect that PlatformPro is not going to continue working forever. It reached its end of life already. I think that's why the columns stopped working.

Converting to DMS would let you create those columns with drag & drop, and it is so, so easy to convert from PPro. I just made that change last night in one evening while watching a silent classic on Turner Classic Movies. In three hours I had set up the whole site and converted things successfully. Please consider converting.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

mav72    0
mav72

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the response. I was thinking about upgrading to Framework. Is that what you mean by DMS?

Rob    547
Rob

You can't purchase PageLines Framework anymore. DMS is a totally different and unique product.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur