Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pgvzla

jQuery Not Working in my site..

pgvzla    0
pgvzla

Hi guys!

I have a nested accordion in my site working properly. But now I want to add some icons next to the titles to show when the accordion is collapsed or not..

I have been trying to achieve this with jQuery but I can't make it work. jQuery seems to be NOT running I don't know why..

I used this example: http://jsfiddle.net/m6R44/

It doesn't work. I added the jQuery to the "Custom Javascript or Header HTML" area and the HTML to a text box..

The collapse works perfectly but the icon remains the same..

jqerror2.png

jqerror1.png

Two things.. How I can make the jQuery work.. and is there another way to achieve the dynamic icon with the accordion collapse?

cycaine    0
cycaine

I too am having jquery problems and looking for help getting it working on my site.

Specifically it is not working on the following page http://www.gocycaine.com/GoCyCaine/featureproperties/ 

I spoke with the developer of the wiget I am using for the listings, they said it is broken because my theme is not handling it right.

Maybe it is not installed right

etherway, it is not working and I am looking for support, even paid support to fix it.

is there anyone out in the forum who can help?

cycaine@gmail.com 

barkingsheltie+    7
barkingsheltie

May not be of any help, but I am using LayerSlider WP, and the plugin told me jQuery wasn't up to date (WP 3.6 and DMS 1.0.3). Plugin suggested jQuery Updater plugin. Once I installed, slider worked fine. Maybe worth a try?

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool"
Richard P. Feynman

cycaine    0
cycaine

Thank you, I installed it and ran it but still no luck

Any other ideas are appreciated.

Cy

Rob    547
Rob

jQuery is built into, and a critical component of DMS.  It uses the most recent version.  If a new one was released, we didn't hear about it. DMS is only 7 weeks old. I doubt any new releases came out without our notice.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

• Similar Content

• cas45
      By cas45+
      I am running a site based on PageLines Framework 2.5.0. I am making some changes to a current website and managed to find a script that will do what I want.:

$(".vend-cat").each( function() {
          if ( $(this).find(".no-vendors").html() == '' ) {
                 $(this).hide();
          }
      } );

I have tested it on jsfiddle and it works fine. It does however need to be adapted to work with jQuery for pagelines and wordpress. Any help or advice?

Thanks
    • unifeyed
      By unifeyed+
      Hello there. 
      I am trying to have all the ® symbols throughout my website superscript without having to individually go to each symbol and wrap them in <sup> tags. There is quite a bit of them. I have the following code within the Custom Scripts, but it seems to cause issues with the Hamburger navigation, as it does not seem to work. Can you offer up some assistance? 

<script>
      jQuery(document).ready(function() {
                 jQuery("body").html(
          jQuery("body").html().replace(/®/gi, '<sup>®</sup>').replace(/®/gi, '<sup>®</sup>')
         );
              });
      </script>
    • ketri
      By ketri
      Hi!

I'm using a jQuery-plugin called Taeggie (http://taeggie.com/)

It seems that it requires jQuery version that's later than what comes with WordPress (ver=1.11.3). 
      If I just copy-paste a new jQuery to the section where I use the plugin, it works. But it's probably a very bad idea to load jQuery two times. 

Can I override the old version of jQuery in functions.php and use a new version like 1.9?  
      Does it have issues with Pagelines or WordPress in general? Why is the version of jQuery that's used with WordPress so old?

Thank you!
    • balfred1345
      By balfred1345
      Hi, 
      I'm using El Sue's Accordion plugin  V1.7.4 in DMS2 using WP 4.4.1.
      I've created a set "Jobs2", and selected three accordions for the set. Here's a screen shot: http://screencast.com/t/MXYR9p1QoEAo
      The "accordion set to show" selection box no longer works, and all accordions I've made are showing instead of the set "Jobs2"  You can see this here: http://whub34.webhostinghub.com/~videoh6/cidev2.com/jobs-at-piepho/
      I've deactivated all plugins to see if there was a conflict, and there does not seem to be one, as the accordion selector problem persists even with plugins off. 
      Can you please tell me how to fix this so the "accordion set to show" selector works again?
      Thanks,
      Bruce
    • leeresources
      By leeresources+
      I keep getting this error :
      Uncaught TypeError: Cannot use 'in' operator to search for 'length' in                                                  jquery.js?ver=1.11.3:2
      r                                  @ jquery.js?ver=1.11.3:2 m.extend.each            @ jquery.js?ver=1.11.3:2 (anonymous function) @ pl.optpanel.js?ver=7ab9c7:283 m.extend.each            @ jquery.js?ver=1.11.3:2 (anonymous function) @ pl.optpanel.js?ver=7ab9c7:282 m.event.dispatch         @ jquery.js?ver=1.11.3:4 m.event.add.r.handle  @ jquery.js?ver=1.11.3:4  
      I have looked at a lot of resolved issues on these forums and nothing has been able to work.
      My changes are not saved after i hit publish and refresh, all the changes I've made disappear. 
      Also i am not able to add backgrounds or any images to the entire site, Rivslider, Quickslider, etc.