Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Adrianna Lima

Branding padding

Adrianna Lima+    0
Adrianna Lima

Hi,

I need to remove all paddings in business branding. My logo size is 1024x148 but it cannot fill up the whole area. There is some paddings all over. When i inspect the logo size reduced to 944x144.

I tried  

body .pl-area .pl-section {
  &.tophead{
    .pl-section-pad {
padding-top:0;
        padding-bottom:0;
        padding-left:0;
        padding-right:0;
    }
  }
}

where .tophead is a styling class

Please advise

Adrianna Lima+    0
Adrianna Lima

Hi,

I just purchased this? Any support?

ellenmva    112
ellenmva

Adrianna Lima Yes, there is support :)

Do you have a link so I can see the site. Padding is a bit tricky with DMS. In the meantime I will create an image that is 1024x148 and look at the padding.

Thanks.

Ellen

Ellen Moore

Pagelines Developer

www.elsue.com www.betterdms.com

ellenmva    112
ellenmva

Adrianna Lima I created an image at 1024 x 148 and uploaded to Business Branding. My site width is 1100px and the image stayed at 1024 x 148. So, I'm wondering if it is your site width that is causing the logo to shrink in size. Again, if you have a link I can troubleshoot better.

DMS_Git___Just_another_WordPress_site_an

Ellen Moore

Pagelines Developer

Adrianna Lima+    0
Adrianna Lima

Hi ,

Basically I want to do something like http://lisadewar.com/home/. with a white box background but header is full with an image with width 1024 by 148px and with no padding.

thank you.

ellenmva    112
ellenmva

Adrianna Lima Okay, so this is how I got it to work. I went to Global Options --> Layout & Nav and made Display Mode: Box Display.

Then, I changed the width of the page to 1024px by dragging the blue line that defines the boxed area of the template.

Then, I went up into the header and clicked on the edit pencil to bring up the Section Area in the Header. That's where I put the tophead class.

DMS_Git___Just_another_WordPress_site-2.

Then, I used the following code

body .site-wrap {
  background: #333;
}

body.display-boxed .boxed-wrap .tophead .pl-area-wrap > .pl-content {
padding-left: 0;
padding-right: 0;
}

.section-business-branding .bb_branding_wrap {
  padding: 0;
}

.section-business-branding .bb-business-logo {
  margin-left: 0;
}

Make the background color whatever you want. Here I have it as #333. And, this is my result with the blue representing the logo with no padding.

DMS_Git___Just_another_WordPress_site.pn

Ellen Moore

Pagelines Developer

Adrianna Lima+    0
Adrianna Lima

H,

Thanks. How do i remove the gap between top and the menu?

See attached.

[attachment=1475:Branding.jpg]

Thank you

ellenmva    112
ellenmva

To remove the top and bottom padding from the Section Area, click on the edit icon and then under Area Padding change it to 0px.

To remove the extra top and bottom padding from Business Branding use this code

.section-business-branding .pl-section-pad {
padding: 0;
}

I don't know what section you have underneath but you will need to remove the padding from that too because each section has it's own pl-section-pad. With Chrome Inspector, find where it has section-section_name. Then replace .section-business-branding with that section class. In my case the section is Wigitizer so the class is .section-widgetizer

Ellen Moore

Pagelines Developer

Adrianna Lima+    0
Adrianna Lima

Hi Thanks.

I will try it. Another question.

Display Site Title With Logo? 
Display Site Description with Logo? 

How do i change the Site Title and description COLOR?

thx in adv

Adrianna Lima+    0
Adrianna Lima

And also as u can see business-branding and business-info is producing a gap. How do i disable it?

ellenmva    112
ellenmva

Adrianna Lima In Business Branding there is an option for Site Title and Description under Branding Logo and Title Area Options.

DMS_Demo___Just_another_WordPress_site-3

As for the space, that's something I need to fix, it shouldn't display that section if nothing is there. Will fix it in next version. Till then, use this code to hide it.

.section-business-branding .bb-business-info {
  display: none;
}

Ellen

Ellen Moore

Pagelines Developer

Jenny    33
Jenny

Please let us know if you still need help with this topic otherwise I will close it in 7 days. Thanks!

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

• Similar Content

• Pankaj32
      By Pankaj32
      Hello, my site is looks fine in google chrome however the fonts sizes appear bigger in IE and fire fox. I am using the IE 11 and latest version in mozilla fire fox too. Many sections are also displaying default DMS items in place of whats is actually added in them.
      The site's url  is delhirealestateguy.com . Would appreciate if someone can take a look and advice. Regards, 
    • scswraps
      By scswraps
      Looking to add text links directly below the primary logo on the Business Branding section, is this possible using hooks?
      Thank you.
    • Pankaj32
      By Pankaj32
      Hello, I had scanned through the forum and looks like my question has already been answered in a few threads already but I could not get any of those solutions to work for me. So please bear with me.
      I bought the "business branding section" and now I need to change the title of the font (oswald) and size too. Please let me know what code can I use to achieve this and where exactly am I suppose to paste this code. I had tried to experiment with various codes provided in other threads but none of them seem to make a different after refreshing. 

• sersanet
      By sersanet
      Hello Ellen,

I have just installed the business branding plugin to a new site for a customer..
      www-marbellawordpress.com

For some reason i cannot seem to get the text to appear that has been added to the business branding section, additional business information.

Please would you see your way to helping with this problem.

Kind regards..
    • radroz
      By radroz
      Hey Ellen, what would it take to add Pinterest to the Business Branding options?