Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

enkreativbyra

DMS theme creates hundreds of database queries

enkreativbyra    0
enkreativbyra

Hi!

I have a VPS with 4gb ram and 4 cpus, it is pretty well optimized and serves other wordpress sites really fast. In fact, it serves sub-sites on my multisite superfast if it's using another theme than DMS.

So, what is up with this? For one of my subsites it did about 270 queries and took about 2 sec to complete, then the site starts to load, so the wait time is really long.

It scores really well, between 90-96 on yslow (grade A or B depending if it uses CDN) and pingdom.

Running latest wordpress with the latest dms. Not much plugin and only very good ones, like gravityforms.

enkreativbyra    0
enkreativbyra

So how come it makes such a lot of queries? What can be done to improve the speed? The files are not loading slow, but the hole experience feels pretty slow.

I don't really want to use wp supercache or w3tc since I don't like the way those handles multisite installations.

Danny    1,327
Danny

Hi,

I am not a database expert, but the 270 queries doesn't sound right. I will speak to one of our developers and see what they suggest.

• Like 1

Please search our forums, before posting!

Simon    247
Simon

What were the 270 queries?

• Similar Content

• JawDesigns
      By JawDesigns
      Hi everyone,
      Flywheel have reported errors on my clients site 'www.racewaredirect.co.uk' and it's not loading. Can someone please provide some information on how to fix this? The site has never experienced these issues before.
      Thanks,
      James Wilson
    • jinfinite8
      By jinfinite8+
      Hi, I'm a long time PageLines and DMS user. Trying out Platform 5 now.
      Does Platform 5 store data like DMS 2 as serialized data, or does it store data in a regular WordPress mysql table?
      Thanks very much.
      ~ julian
    • eveliut
      By eveliut
      Hi there,
      My server provider has contacted me saying that my Pagelines website is spamming from their server. There's plenty of trojans and other viruses. I got a list from them and it's huge. Any ideas on how to fix this and how did this happen in the first place? They have already deleted some of the content from my site. Thanks.

• Buishi
      By Buishi
      For some reason, in one of my DMS installs, there are over 1,000 CSS files, what's going on? They're in wp-content/uploads/pagelines, and are numbered like so:
      compiled-css-core-1410368544.css
      compiled-css-core-1410373848.css
      compiled-css-core-1411613503.css
      Etc... all the way down to file 1,080:
      compiled-css-sections-1437665197.css
      The most recent one is today, of which there are two, the oldest is from Sept 30 of last year, which is close to when I launched the site.
      Ideas welcome, thanks!
      -Julian
    • Greg Ihnen
      By Greg Ihnen
      Our web host (WordPressEngine.com) recently had to move our site to a new server. After the move, we were getting error messages. The host's investigation revealed the following problem:
      "In this case, your site encountered issues after the migration because of how PageLines is configured. In the database, they have the full server path defined, which includes the server number. Since the installation was moved moved to a new server, the theme was essentially trying to pull data from the wrong server."
       This seems like something that would be an issue for anyone who is moving their site to another host, or upgrading their level of hosting which often involves the host moving the sites files to a different server. This seems like something that needs to be corrected.
       Is form-based support really the only kind of customer support that you give for technical questions? I hope someone sees this post.