Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

conceramedia

Upgraded to DMS 1.0.3 and front end editor stopped working

conceramedia    3
conceramedia

I performed the automatic upgrade in the WP editor to DMS 1.0.3 and the front-end editor buttons show up but no longer work. I've seen the posts that the editor uses jquery so I've disabled all plugins and disabled all Chrome extensions. I also downloaded and manually ftp'd the theme to the server - still no go.

This was originally a Framework site that i was developing and this is the first I've tried to switch to DMS. It was working fine before the upgrade. Any help would be appreciated.

• Like 1

Danny    1,327
Danny

Hi,

Can you provide a link to the site in question please.

Please search our forums, before posting!

James B    436
James B

Hi there,

I've seen someone else have this issue this evening, they were using an older version of Wordpress. They upgraded to the latest version and it corrected.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

conceramedia    3
conceramedia

Thanks James. Everything is updated to the latest version. I was using the option to make the Framework v2 functions active and the Pagelines Customize plugin, so that may be it - but everything was working perfectly until i updated to 1.0.3.

Rob    547
Rob

Does the problem go away if you change the v2 Compatibility option?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

conceramedia    3
conceramedia

I can't turn off v2 compatibility because I can'd access the DMS admin - I'm kind of stuck with no way to edit the site. Is there a any kind of backend way to disable it?

Rob    547
Rob

Can you access Dashboard > Appearance > Themes and just activate Framework in place of DMS?

alisamski+    8
alisamski

having same issue.. cannot de-activate the Framework v2 functions

activating it broke the layout.

now editor will not work.

Site is in maintanance mode...

putting this in new issue...

alisamski+    8
alisamski

conceramedia Were you able to de-activate or resolve this...?

conceramedia    3
conceramedia

No. I'm basically dead in the water with the DMS conversion. No DMS admin controls work and I can't modify the site. I'm looking at rebuilding the site in DMS from scratch using none of the Framework v2 settings or using another framework.

alisamski+    8
alisamski

I found what jammed our editor...

by clicking the v2 selector... it activated certain drag n drop defaults...

Noticed the culprit in the Color section of Pagelines Site Options ... supersize background image was checked... when I deselected it... the editor immediately re-activated...

Then I quickly disabled the v2 in dms..

Let me know if this helps...

• Like 1

conceramedia    3
conceramedia

That worked! Thanks so much for sharing the fix!

• Like 2

greenfly    230
greenfly

Hello Alisamski 

Thanks for sharing this fix 

• Like 1

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

bowden    0
bowden

Alright - I have the same issue.  I installed DMS and connected the key and it worked.  I just updated wordpress and now nothing works.  I can select a different template but I cannot edit the DMS.  The site is in a beta but if you need access I will create an account Just Private Message me.

Rob    547
Rob

Bowden, please open a new topic.  This one's resolved. Likely your situation is different.

johntindel    0
johntindel

"I found what jammed our editor...

by clicking the v2 selector... it activated certain drag n drop defaults...

Noticed the culprit in the Color section of Pagelines Site Options ... supersize background image was checked... when I deselected it... the editor immediately re-activated...

Then I quickly disabled the v2 in dms..

Let me know if this helps..."

when you deselected the background image, did you hit save?  I am having same problem, but not sure if hitting save will mess it up more.  thanks

conceramedia    3
conceramedia

I saved the settings with the supersize background disabled with no bad results. Everything seemed to work fine.

johntindel    0
johntindel

conceramedia thanks  held breath, saved and it worked.

greenfly    230
greenfly

Thanks for the update @conceramedia

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

• Similar Content

• primaitalia
      By primaitalia+
      Hi
      Exited about the new Platform 5, but just started building a site in DMS2 and want to upgrade it to Platform 5. In the Facebook User Group it was a post that had a few steps to do this, and one of them was to copy the content from DMS into Platform 5. My question is on how do I really copy the content so I can keep all the work I have done so far?
      Thanks and best regards,
      Carl 
    • Mark_Hazeldine
      By Mark_Hazeldine
      Hi,

I might be missing something very obvious, but how do I update my Pagelines DMS theme to DMS 2? When I go into my Wordpress 4.2.2 dashboard, no DMS updates are available, yet when I go into the theme preview, it says I have version 1.1.1. Aren't you on like v2.1 now or something?

Thanks, Mark
    • rallevondalle
      By rallevondalle
      Hi there. 
      I'm a tad nervous regarding upgrading my whole site (www.ectopicbeats.dk) from Pagelines to DMS 2. 

Cheers, Rasmus 
    • acutservizi
      By acutservizi
      Hi,
      after a long time i've eventually decided to upgrade to dms from pagelines.
      I've followed the "upgrading and migrating instructions", after i uploaded dms and activated it, the web site is now completely blanck. I cannot even access wordpress dashboard.
      My web site is www.acutimpianti.it
      Can  someone help me?
      Thank you

• gwbodywork
      By gwbodywork

I just updated to the later version of Pagelines & Wordpress 3.7.1 and it screwed up my website. In particular the Features panel now repeats down the page and after hours of working to resolve this my only solution is to turn off Features (which I've done on the Home Page but not the other pages).

Additionally, my Fixed NavBar no longer shows the Sub Pages on my site to navigate to. I have also been working on this with no success. This is the second time upgrading to your newest version has created more work and hassles than providing any additional solutions. 

Deeply Frustrated!
      Glen
      www.glenweimer.com