Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jane

"Search results for" text - where can I find it?

jane    6
jane

Hello,

When I conduct a search on my site all of the text is preceded by:

Search results for: "xxxxxx"

I'd like to alter this text; I was able to find it using Firebug however I can't figure out the file that the text is in.

Which  file do I have to edit?

Thank you,

Jane

greenfly    230
greenfly

Hi Jane - could we have a link to your site please? 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

Rob    547
Rob

Hi,

If you have base child theme, here's what you can do.

FTP to your site.  Go to pagelines/language and download the pagelines.pot file to your local computer.

Search that file for search result and you'll find the language you wish to change.  Modify it as desired.  

Via FTP, navigate to the child theme, and find the language folder there.  Upload the .pot file to the child theme. 

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

jane    6
jane

Thank you Rob for a solution. What though if I don't have a child theme? I'm currently using the custom css section.

Also, what does uploading the language file change exactly?

I'm currently using WPML. Will uploading the French language file, for example work well with WPML?

jane    6
jane

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction Rob.

I've done a bit more digging so here is my admended question:

I've been able to edit the pagelines.po file and it's now saved as fr_Fr.mo in the pagelines folder so that the WPML plugin can find it.

So far everything most everything is translated in French but I cannot find this text in the wordpress fr_FR.mo file or the pagelines.po file:

• Search results for
  • No results for
  • Try another search?

I imagine this text is all in the same place but I cannot located it. Is there another .mo file that has to be uploaded? Where can I find it?

Thanks again

Rob    547
Rob

Hi Jane,

My apologies for the delay getting back to you.  I've been out sick a couple of days.

This article may help you http://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-breadcrumb-navxt-where-to-translate-search-results-for-string

I don't believe we actually have those strings in DMS. Instead, I believe they're somewhere in WP files.

jane    6
jane

No worries Rob, I appreciate the help.

I was able to alter most of the text I needed by updating the sections.php. Now instead of just "Search Results For:" it reads "Search results for / Résultats de votre recherche". Although I would prefer for it to switch languages this seems to be the best fix for now.

The only thing text left to hunt down now is "no results for" and "try another search".

Thank you

jane    6
jane

Hi Rob,

I don't have DMS, I'm working with the Pagelines Framework. I know this page used to exist for Pagelines but it's been deleted (as far as I can tell).

Rob    547
Rob

Despite the DMS tags, I believe those translations can be used for both DMS and Framework.

• Similar Content

• John Olsson
      By John Olsson+
      Hello, i'm working on a webshop, and got this code to really boost the search within WP. But when adding this code to functions.php the front end media library search flipped totally, and not working at all, any ideas what's the problem?
      function atom_search_where($where){ global $wpdb; if (is_search()) $where .= "OR (t.name LIKE '%".get_search_query()."%' AND {$wpdb->posts}.post_status = 'publish')"; return $where; } function atom_search_join($join){ global $wpdb; if (is_search()) $join .= "LEFT JOIN {$wpdb->term_relationships} tr ON {$wpdb->posts}.ID = tr.object_id INNER JOIN {$wpdb->term_taxonomy} tt ON tt.term_taxonomy_id=tr.term_taxonomy_id INNER JOIN {$wpdb->terms} t ON t.term_id = tt.term_id"; return $join; } function atom_search_groupby($groupby){ global $wpdb; // we need to group on post ID $groupby_id = "{$wpdb->posts}.ID"; if(!is_search() || strpos($groupby, $groupby_id) !== false) return $groupby; // groupby was empty, use ours if(!strlen(trim($groupby))) return $groupby_id; // wasn't empty, append ours return $groupby.", ".$groupby_id; } add_filter('posts_where','atom_search_where'); add_filter('posts_join', 'atom_search_join'); add_filter('posts_groupby', 'atom_search_groupby');  
    • Queue-it
      By Queue-it+
      HI,
      Search function doesn't seem to work. 
      When ever searching for something it redirect to the home page and add the search string to the url.
      For example searching for "cases" it would display https://queue-it.com/?s=cases
      Do you know how to solve that? 
    • MissT
      By MissT+
      Would be great to have the ability to include a search option within menus and within Splashup - is this possible?
    • balfred1345
      By balfred1345
      null When I tested Search using the search field in Navi, it throws the error as shown in pastebin: http://pastebin.com/DJ079bmy
      Is there a fix for this? If there is no fix, can you please tell me how to disable search in Navi?
      Thanks,
      Bruce
    • MissT
      By MissT+
      Hi there,
      Just wondering if there is a reason why there is no search option within Multimenu as there is with Navi - would be good if it did have it and it worked in a similar way and you could switch it off when you need to.
      Many thanks.