Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

clinton4

Custom page/post template with DMS?

studioc5

Its an issue of local scope region vs global scope. In the header and footer every section you drop in has global and local options, but in the main template area everything only has local options so you cant save anything permanently into the page.   So this is what they need to fix, everything must have local and global options no matter where it is in the theme.

Danny

Well the Header, SIdebar and Footer area are global template areas. I have already created a ticket making the suggestion of having the ability to have multiples of these areas.

However, the issue you have does only seem to be caused by Sidebars, I can add any other section to the template and it will be the same when I load the template on another page.

Please search our forums, before posting!

studioc5

By load template do you mean clicking the load template button or choosing the specific template while creating the page?  All the settings should carry over without clicking the load template button in the dms editor, that extra step is not acceptable.

Assuming I refuse the idea of clicking the load template button on every new page: I dont think any thing you save in the local template area saves in a way that can be used by other pages, it saves the layout but not the settings.  If I wanted to put something permanent in the template area other than the default sidebar, I dont think I could right now.   You cant anticipate every scenario, so its not good to limit people.  I personaly need the ability to permanently save sections / components and their settings into the template area.  You cant even save a style to the main section inside the template since its local options only, that css class wont be there on the next page you build. 

Rob

DMS is a very visual product.  You should be able to create a new page in WP, and not assigning the template there, view the page and begin editing it, including the simple process of loading a template.

While you can load a template from the template selector in the WP page creation screen (I've had no trouble with this), you should be able to do it in one step, either way.  However, you have the option of going the old way or the new.  I'm not sure why you're having this issue, but Danny has opened a ticket for it.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur