Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

allenkiely

front editor not displaying.....

allenkiely

I am starting to feel it was the worst decision I have made using this theme/dms whatever you want to call, it, it is full of bugs.

I am trying to migrate a development version of the site and on the live server, the Front editor is not displaying at all.

This is for an event that is going live in the morning and I could potentially lose my job based on this problem.

I have installed and reinstalled everything repeatedly and still nothing is working.

This is the test version: bmt.allenkiely.com, but once copied to the live version, the front editor doesn't display, see attachment

Is this a server issue,can someone at this stage give me professional advice, not to be pointed to some help file, I have 24 hours to fix this.

Also, the fact that ie8, doesn't display have the content is a huge problem as well, as my client use this as their default browser. Sliders/flipper and other content doesn't display at all.

I am incredibly  frustrated at the moment

Danny

Hi Allen,

I don't see any attachment ?

If the DMS Visual Editor is not working, its most likely one of the following:

* The DMS Visual Editor is only compatible with Google Chrome, meaning that you can only use it in Google Chrome.

* You have plugins that are causing a conflict.

* You have custom scripts that are causing a conflict.

* You have addons/extensions active in Chrome that are causing a conflict.

If its none of the above, then its most likely server related. Seeing as you can't get the Visual Editor to work, does this mean you're unable to get the Toolbar to function as well ? If so, then would it be possible for you to install PageLines Framework and enable Debug mode (Wordpress Admin Dashboard > PageLines > Site Options > Advanced).

Once enabled, reply here informing us and we can take a closer look.

Also, please be aware that this is most likely not related to DMS and DMS isn't full of bugs.

Please search our forums, before posting!

allenkiely

Is it possible to have someone look at it for me, if it costs that fine, I just need this thing to work ASAP.. Do you have or know of a server that offers this....

Danny

Can you email me your website url, admin username and password please.

danny at pagelines dot com

I will install PageLines Framework if I can't get DMS to work and so I can check your server debug info.

Danny

My shift is about to end, so if you still require assistance, email me with the information I mentioned above and I will investigate it later on this evening.

allenkiely

thanks danny, I have sent you an email

Rob

Allen,

I understand you've emailed our desk citing the urgency of your issue.  Forum support is not instant support.  Danny as courteously, generously offered to assist you when he receives your email, and is back later, which he's doing on his own.  He does not have an evening shift.  He's very good, and if there's an answer to this issue he can resolve, he will do so.

Writing in panic to the desk isn't going to make him come in on his own time, and writing in all caps is not going to make anything faster, better or easier.  Please, calm down and let him do his work to help you.

Meanwhile, this could be a permalinks issue.  So I'll give you three, proactive things to do until Danny can return.

1.  Go to Dashboard > Settings > Permalinks  and without changing anything, simply save.  This will update the links so that they reflect the current conditions.

2.  Deactivate the plugins. See if this resolves the condition.

3.  FTP into the site.  Find wp-config.php and open it.   Find the line with the word DEBUG. You'll see it set to "false".  Change it to "true" and save, and upload.  Overwrite the old file.   Then, view the dashboard and the site. Any errors will display.  Copy them, and paste them here. 

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

allenkiely

the screengrab

I am trying to stay calm, but this website for a highly commerical event that is being launched in the monring, as I mentioned, the test site worked fine and as soon as I tried to migrate it, i was faced with the problem

here is the code that was updated in the config 

define('WP_DEBUG', false);

allenkiely

I now have no access to the site after updating the config

allenkiely

can someone please update me as to what to do, do you need ftp access?

greenfly

Hello Allen 

I requested your FTP by email a short while ago. If you can send this to us we will look into this for you now. 

The email is hello@pagelines.com 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

allenkiely

thank you I will email it to you now

greenfly

Thanks Allen - i have your details. I have spoken with Danny and picked up all the information you sent to him .

We are looking into this for you. 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

greenfly

here is the code that was updated in the config 

define('WP_DEBUG', false);

Can you confirm where you made this change? 

allenkiely

in wp-config.php

but changed it back when I notice the site had disappeared completely

greenfly

Hello Allenkey - your wp-config.php is blank. 

Here is what to do. In your directory there will be a file called wp-config-sample.php - copy the contents of this and paste it into your blank wp-config.php file. Then you will need to re-enter your database information into the relevant fields. 

More information on doing this and the information you need to change is here http://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_wp-config.php

allenkiely

It's not blank on my local version.

I can email you the contents. I'm using dreamweaver, so there maybe some corrupting issues

Can you sen me your email address, or one to apply to I don't want to post the config publicly

I really panicked here, this site meant to be live for the morning.

allenkiely

I changed some of the ftp transfer details and it seems to have ftp'd up ok.. 

but I'm still no closer to solving the original problem

greenfly

ok thanks looking now 

allenkiely

thanks, I appreciate you working on this so late.

seanocaside21

Hey what did ur visual editor look like or was it completely gone from screen? 

I just fixed my own issue i had a bit of custom CSS that DMS didnt like. Basically i lost functionality of my editor. The tabs were sandwiched on the right hand side of the screen. 

Here's what i did:

Cut and pasted my current CSS from the DMS LESS Fallback in the dashboard into my text editor. With all custom code gone from my site, i saved and the visual editor was back working... this told me that it was obviously an issue with my code somewhere. I then went through it with a fine tooth comb, and with a series of reloads and refreshes i found the suspect code. 

I don't know if this helps but i do feel your pain. 

I am not a DMS guru by any means but i know the guys in support are on top of their games and should get you sorted. 

Best of luck

hope it works out pal. 

Seán

allenkiely

Thanks Sean, I will wait to hear back from them before doing anything myself. Cheers

greenfly

Allen - Did you make your original site on a local install using DMS?