Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

perceptive_analytics

Need Help! - Templates Seem to Have Vanished!

perceptive_analytics

Hey!

I need your help. I had created a new landing page called, say, ABC. Then I saved that as template (about a week ago!)

Just today, I created a new page - when I did this, DMS automatically updated ABC template to that. So what I did, i just deleted all the features and saved it as a new template. It seems to have DELETED ALL features from the ABC template - not just from the new page!! 

I am now now not able to retrieve the template itself! Thankfully, I have the entire website back up as of yesterday. I restored the entire folder (wp-content) but then, I am unable to see the old ABC template that existed yesterday. How I can restore ABC template so I dont have to redo all the work?

Thank you.

Regards,

Chaitanya 

Danny

Hi,

DMS templates are stored in your database, so if you restore from a backup, then your templates should be there.

When you say Features what do you mean ?

Also, are you adding sections to the Header Area, if so please be aware that this is a global area and any sections added here, will be visible throughout your site.

Please search our forums, before posting!

perceptive_analytics

Thank you. How exactly should I restore from database. Where exactly are the templates stored? How do I restore the template from yesterday?

Danny

Your web host provider are the best people to talk to regarding restoring from a backup. All hosting environments are different, so they are the best people to speak to, they may even do it for you.

Please search our forums, before posting!

perceptive_analytics

Thanks Danny. I am quite comfortable with the process. Are you asking me to restore back of entire mysql file or should I just take a dump of old sql file and reinstate it? Please help. 

perceptive_analytics

Which specific tables are the templates stored in? May be I can just restore those tables. 

Rob

Danny wasn't speaking about the database alone, but the entire site, and that's best done by the host if they offer it.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

perceptive_analytics

I have a "Vault" service and I backup mySQL file as well as all the files in htdocs. I manage my own server. If you tell me which files to restore, I can do so.