Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

zhonghao

DMS toolbar not working

zhonghao

I just uploaded the DMS lite version and activated it via the Themes page (I currently use Pagelines Framework) . I then went to the Pagelines store and purchased the Business version so I can update immediately after installing the Lite version. However after installation nothing on the DMS toolbar works - I get the little hand icon when I hover over the button but nothing happens when I click it. I am trying to initially:

1) Enable the V2 compatibility as stated on (http://forum.pagelines.com/topic/28267-pay-attention-you-need-this-info/

2) Upgrade the Lite to Business version via the Account button on the toolbar as instruction in the Pageline Docs

3) Start using DMS !

My site is located at www.bodyworksasia.cn

Any help would naturally be appreciated .... very much !

Regards

Richard

zhonghao

Anybody ? Help  - kinda thought that after spending US$192 for something it would work. Maybe it's something obvious - I've tried updating and reinstalling Chrome but still nothing. My web page now looks very strange and I can't do anything with it unless I revert back to Framework but then that would be a waste of more time ...... 

Rob

Hi,

First, disable your plugins.  Usually plugins or a bad installation cause this.   Can you FTP into your site?  If so, download DMS from your account http://www.pagelines.com/my-account.   Unzip the file to your desktop.  Then, FTP to wp-content/themes and delete the dms folder found there.  If you don't see a dms folder but do see DMS-DEV, delete that.  Once the deletion has finished, upload the dms folder (not the zip file) from your desktop to wp-content/themes. 

Check in Chrome when logged in as site admin.  Can you screenshot what you see and post it here?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

zhonghao

Hi Rob - thanks for the reply. I have tried all the things you list but still no good. Here is a screencast after I had deactivated all plugins :  http://screencast.com/t/Kf6wtdvAo96

I then downloaded the DMS again and unzipped the file. I then deleted the DMS folder in wp-content/themes and uploaded the newly download DMS via ftp. Here is the result :  http://screencast.com/t/5xRrR2Y28v7b

As you can see the visual editor appears but when I click anything on the toolbar nothing happens and also when I click the Pagelines menu in the Wordpress  Dashboard I can't access anything so the whole thing is useless right now. 

Any help would be great otherwise I'll be looking to get a refund.

Regards

Richard

zhonghao

3 more things which may be related :

1) Tried to send a ticket via the contact form in Account / Support but the 'Submit' button didn't work - I have the latest version of Chrome installed.

2) When I tried to re-establish my menus I got a message saying this theme only supports one menu so I chose my Main menu. When I clicked save it deleted itself ! When I tried to make another one I got a message saying the name conflicts with another menu name but it was deleted ...... I then made a new one with a different name but it refuses to show up on my site. 

3) I also deleted the Pagelines Section plugin as instructed in the Docs. 

zhonghao

So here we are on day 3 and still no luck on the web site - don't know if it's a DMS thing, a server thing, a browser thing or what. I'm no computer/webpage/programmer expert which is why I purchased Framework & DMS. No help apart from one comment from Rob - and no reply from Pagelines help desk. I have lost 7 client sessions in the last 3 days because the web page was not working and my clients can't book in. Have spent wasted extra hours trying to make the DMS work.  Have spent extra hours reinstalling the Frameworks Theme. Needless to say NOT happy : Is there an address I should write to request my refund or is it the Helpline desk I'm still waiting to hear from ? 

Danny

Hi,

If DMS Toolbar/Visual Editor isn't working, it is usually caused by one of the following:

• Plugins, therefore disable all active plugins

• Custom Script/code, remove all custom scripts and code you may have added

• A Server Issue.

If disabling your plugins and removing your custom scripts doesn't resolve your issue. Then can you disable DMS as your active theme and enable PageLines Framework. Once done, please disable all active sections, you can do this from Wordpress Admin Dashboard > PageLines > Store >  Sections, go though the list of sections and click the deactivate button.

Once all sections are disabled, go back to Appearance > Themes and enable DMS and see if the Toolbar/Visual Editor is working.

If not goto Wordpress Admin Dashboard > Appearance > Themes, enable PageLines Framework again and navigate to the following PageLines > Site Options > Advanced and enable PageLines Debug mode.

Once enabled, reply here and we can investigate further.

Please search our forums, before posting!

zhonghao

Hi Danny thanks very much for your reply. I have tried uninstalling all plugins. I removed all custom code/script. I deactivated all sections in Framework. Same result: the Visual Editor/Toolbar does not work.

I therefore reactivated Framework and enabled Debug Mode. There is a button to get Debug Info which is as follows :

WordPress Version : 3.4.2 Multisite Enabled : No Current Role : Administrator Framework Path : /home/bodyw/public_html/wp-content/themes/pagelines Framework URI : http://bodyworksasia.cn/wp-content/themes/pagelines Framework Version : 2.4.3 Framework Build : 2.4.3 PHP Version : 5.3 Child theme : Yes
/home/bodyw/public_html/wp-content/themes/pagelines-template-theme
http://bodyworksasia.cn/wp-content/themes/pagelines-template-theme PHP memory : 256 Mysql version : 5.1.70-cll Sections DIR : Writable.
/home/bodyw/public_html/wp-content/plugins/pagelines-sections PHP type : Cgi-fcgi PHP User : Bodyw OS : Linux Launchpad : Logged in ( zhonghao ) Licence : Pro Plugins : 20
all-in-one-seo-pack-pro/all_in_one_seo_pack.php
backupbuddy/backupbuddy.php
boxer/wpboxer.php
ctabs/ctabs.php
custom-contact-forms/custom-contact-forms.php
fancybox-for-wordpress/fancybox.php
ggis-inline-post/ggis-inlinepost.php
nextgen-gallery/nggallery.php
nextgen-smooth-gallery/nggSmooth.php
official-statcounter-plugin-for-wordpress/StatCounter-Wordpress-Plugin.php
pagelines-sections/pagelines-sections.php
post-types-order/post-types-order.php
q-and-a/q-and-a.php
sideposts/sideposts.php
simple-css-lite/simple-css-lite.php
sitepress-multilingual-cms/sitepress.php
tinymce-advanced/tinymce-advanced.php
wp-photo-album-plus/wppa.php
wp-table-reloaded/wp-table-reloaded.php
wpml-translation-management/plugin.php

Hope this may help solve the issue - many thanks

Richard

Danny

OK. First things first, you will want to update to the latest version of Wordpress, you're currently using 3.4.2, the latest version is 3.6. Once updated, activate DMS and see if this resolves your issue.

If it doesn't, then you most likely have a server configuration issue. I can see that you have PHP 5.3 installed, I would contact your host and ask them to update PHP. Once updated, see if your issue has been resolved.

zhonghao

Unbelievable ! As simple as that. Thank heavens you replied to my post ! Really appreciate it Danny. Now I can hopefully start rebuilding the site tonight.

Thanks again and cheers

Richard

Danny

Richard, what the issue, the Wordpress version ?

zhonghao

oops - yes it was the Wordpress Version - soon as I upgraded the toolbar works.  ( although the menu items on the left side are a 'bit funny' interms of colour and layout - they don't appear as neat menus - is this normal ?)

Danny

A bit funny how do you mean, do you have a screenshot ?

zhonghao

Just tried to attach 2 screenshots however I can not do this from your website. If I click 'Attach File' nothing happens.  If I choose 'Use the basic uploader' I can select the file but then it refuses to upload - either No Data or Webpage Unavailable comes up. I have managed however to upload 2 screencasts : one showing a 'movie' of how I can't attach the image and the other showing screenshot of the menu section for 2 menus:

http://screencast.com/t/uDIkASNJobl     (Menu image)

http://screencast.com/t/yhqicbN2f2c     (attach image problem)

Danny

That is caused by either a plugin or a custom script, its actually not doing anything really. All thats happening is that, the plugin is not following the Wordpress API policy and is loading all its CSS/JS on all pages, instead of loading them on pages the plugin is used on.

zhonghao

Ouch - well I'm not aware that I have any custom scripts so that means I have to go through all the plugins again - oh well ........... I'll write back tomorrow and let you know the outcome - meantime thanks for all your help !

Danny

No problem.

zhonghao

Found the problem plugin - it is Custom Contact Forms. So I deleted it but now don't have a contact form on the webpage. The Docs list a DMS plugin called Poppy which can be uploaded from the store  and used as a contact form.  However I can't find this plugin from the DMS Toolbar even though it's specifically listed under the Docs as a DMS plugin. Also the Docs suggest 3 ways to customise including a Base Theme which can also be downloaded from the DMS Toolbar-Store. I have used the Base Theme for Framework so though I'd give this a try however this is not available where the Docs says to download from either ....... ..... Well at least I got the webpage going again ! Thanks again Danny.

Cheers - Richard

zhonghao

Up all night trying to make the drag and drop work. Now website crashed. Now got the shits big time. Now sending email for refund.