Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

outtareach

Blank Page after install

outtareach

I've read up on this and I've tried fixing it with the various methods but none are working.  The issue is in Firefox I can see the default theme perfectly yet in Chrome, where I need to edit, its not working and getting just either the logo and white page or a white page and a line.  The other weird thing is I cant take a screenshot because it comes up blank and I also had to use Firefox to write this because the box wouldnt load in Chrome.  I have one dms theme open in Chrome but my other site is not loading but just a blank page. Here is an image of what I get.

blank.png

when I'm logged into admin I get a blank page. when I log out I can see the site?  Not sure what this is about.

outtareach

something weird is going on as I click pagelines in chrome and the page is blank also?

outtareach

seems that you can only have one visual editor open at once or it screws up the system.

monmart

This is a shot in the dark, but when you go to your WP Settings > Reading >

What does it say for "Front page displays" ?

Maybe your front page is not assigned a template?

outtareach

Its just set on "latest post" but that has never been a problem before.  I think it was trying to work on two at the same time.  The second one gave me a blank page and when I closed the firest and reloaded the second it worked.  At least its working now.  Thanks for the help.

Rob

Glad to hear it's working!

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

outtareach

installed again on another server and the same thing.  This is the page I get with the dms tab in the bottom.  I am starting to like DMS but I cannot have an install issue with every site I do.  Any help on stopping this for good would be appreciated.

white.png

Danny

A white screen usually means a PHP error. Therefore, if this is happening to your continuously, then its most definitely related to your server.

Therefore, if you have one site using DMS already which is on the same server, can you enable PL debug mode on this site and reply here. You can enable PL Debug mode, by going to DMS Toolbar > Global Options > Advanced,

Please search our forums, before posting!

outtareach

Yes I understand but its loading a blank page but looking at the source you see the code.  Also its only when you are logged in as admin that this issue arises.  If you are just looking at the site you see the default pagelines dms theme and its ok but as soon as you log in you get a blank screen.  From these assessments Im not sure how its the server. 

Also I had reinstalled wordpress manually instead of using the "1 click install wizard" most companies give you and it may have helped.  Although the weird think is I kept the blank dms screen up while uninstalling wordpress and reinstalling.  During the reinstall I go to the blank page and dms is there even though I had not installed it again yet so it was like it magically displayed the dms after like 2 hours.  Sometimes switching screens brings it up as well but this all happens when its first installed and after those troubles it seems fine.

James B

Just a thought but when you've setup Wordpress after install have you deleted the default sample page and post that Wordpress has initially installed? Wordpress will need at least one post and page to be able to generate the css urls and so you can use the drag and drop editor etc.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

outtareach

no I didnt delete the post, still a mystery.

Rob

I just looked at picturesfromtheheart.net and it's working fine.  Either you've fixed it since replying above or, the condition may be related to your local computer.  Can you do the following?

Look on another computer to see if the problem exists.

Look on other browsers.

If you see the problem on only one computer, then there's a problem with the computer, not the website.

If only one browser does it, then the problem is in the browser.  If it's on only one computer and one browser, then clearly the issue is something in the browser. An add-on, like anti-virus, popup blockers or some toolbars could be at fault, as could be the culprit, or something as simple as a setting that blocks javascripts.

outtareach

its working now after a few hours.  Its always the install that is the issue everytime I install for some reason.  Like I said before when I was not logged in I could see the theme but logged in gave me a blank page leading me to believe those are tied together.

Rob

Logged in, does it work on multiple computers? Or does it cause problems?