This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Home Made Branding Area Not Resizing

4 posts in this topic

Working on a project and when using the fixed nav bar, the screen resizes properly and displays the mobile menu "bars" area when the screen is smaller.

Client wanted to get rid of the fixed nav bar and have me add a phone number above a simple nav bar I added to the header area.  I added the simple nav bar and text box that holds the phone number inside of one column, added a blank column in the middle and added the logo in a 3rd column.

When resizing the screen, the nav bar and phone number drop all the way into the main content area instead of switching to the mobile menu button.  

Any ideas on how to get it to act like the fixed nav bar on screen resizing:

Fixed nav bar:

Site I'm recreating without fixed nav that crashes when resizing:

James, it didn't crash when I resized it down to about 2 square inches, and then back up to full size, manually.

It could be you have some custom code in there causing the issue.  Hard to say.

1 person likes this

I actually went in later last night and removed code I added to fix the height...once I removed that, it did resize without jumping into the main content area.  It never did give me the "menu" block you see on cell phones but definitely much better than what it was doing...haha.  Thanks for checking it out for me!

The menu block on mobile devices is only on mobile devices, not on regular computers.

• Similar Content

• navbar in mobile view
      By micstepl+
      make NavBars (each) choose-able, to break in mobile view "above content" OR "below content"
    • DMS 2 Navbar menu repeats in hamburger mode
      By nizami+
      Using navbar section with correctly configured WP menu to display main navigation at 
      All fine in desktop viewport. Menu displays twice in hamburger mode. How to fix this please? 

• Scroll Nav in Safari not properly sticking to NavBar
      By janpeeters+
      I'm using the Scroll Nav extension on It works mostly great but in Safari 9.0.1 it jumps too high when it sticks. Firefox and Chrome latest versions work just fine in the current setup.
      So I'm wondering if the developer of the plugin is around to give me a clue as to how to fix this? I've thought of using the CSS Classes of the Pagelines Pro plugin but couldn't find a way to get it working.
      Thanks for any suggestions.

• Change NavBar Menu alignment and font size
      By saur0+
      Hi, I have managed to change the size of the navbar logo to 75px, but I now want to change the size of the font on the menu (20px) and align the menu vertically to the bottom (so it is in line with the bottom of the logo image). I've been playing around with the CSS but can't seem to get it right, if anyone could give me some pointers it would be much appreciated. 
      The site is if you want to take a look at the source. 

• Remove or reduce margin (or padding) in header
      By richardjacruz+
      I'm building a site at:
      and I followed the instructions on building a "branding" area in the header:
      But, if you see the image I've attached, you'll see that there's a lot of space between the nav and the slider. Is this something I need to control with CSS in the Custom code section, or is there something else I can do that's part of the header section?

Actually, what would also be nice is if I could put a divider line there... like an orange or a light gray.