Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

monmart

Navbar vanished, unable to get it back

monmart

After unchecking "fixed navbar" the navbar completely went away. Now I only have a header at the top and I'm unable to position the navbar above the header. The navbar will only drag into the header which I don't want.

How can I get the navbar back above the header so it's stretched across the screen?

Rob

When you deactivate the Fixed NavBar, it's supposed to disappear.

You can drag & drop the normal NavBar which is only supposed to work in the header.  Where did you have in mind to place it?

To reactivate the fixed navbar, just go to Global Options > NavBar and check the box for Enable Fixed NavBar.

The other NavBar (not Fixed), can be moved to the top of your header, but it will be in the header, and not above it, and not full-width.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

monmart

Rob, thanks. I figured this out shortly after my bump. Apparently there was another user having the same "issue" but it's not really a problem, just lack of know-how.

The "fix"...

If you do not want a fixed navbar, then try to stay away from the "Navbar" settings inside the Global section, or it will get really confusing. As most of those options are for Fixed navbars anyway.

The static navbar is created differently. The navbar actually goes inside the header, adjust padding to fit accordingly. Don't see a logo? Then you want to drag in a 2 column section first, add the logo on one column and the navbar on the other - so they are side-by-side each other.

Rob, please feel free to correct me on any of these points.

If anyone has any questions, just reply here and I will try and answer them the best I can.

Rob

Well, don't stay away from them entirely or you won't have a menu.  You have to read, check, test and verify anything you do, so that's the way to handle the navbar settings, in my humble opinion.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur