Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gary C

Setting Image As Background

Gary C

I can't seem to get an image I've uploded to display as a backgroung image on my site.

I've gone to "Site Options", "Color Control", and after uploading the image clicked the checkbox "Supersize The Background Image".

Nothing appears - help please.

atcdomainsolutions

What is your website address?  You uploaded your image to the "Color and Style" - "Page Background Image"?

tsalstrand

Gary C, got a link to your website?

You can really do it two ways:

1. Go to Global Options > Colors & Styles > Background Image Settings
  2. Go to Custom Code > put:
    body {
    background: url('http://mysite.com/img-goes-here.jpg');
    }

Gary C

I have "Global Settings" not "options" and "Color Control not "Colors & Styles". Could it be I've posted in the wrong forum?

Rob

Gary,  there's no such thing as Framework 3.6. Framework is at 2.4.4, Wordpress is 3.6, DMS is 1.0.3.   You posted this question in DMS support, but it seems it's for Framework.

Go to Color Control, as I said in the other post you created, and remove colors in the color fields.  Then, upload your image and save.  If you have colors set in Body Color, the background image will not work.  Framework doesn't wish to see both a body color and image.  The two compete for the same space and the color wins every time.  Read the Framework docs at http://support.pagelines.me/docs

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Gary C
My bad, I mistakingly put framework 3.6 and that's why I reposted in technical support for pagelines without the DMS reference. I don't have DMS.

Rob

The instructions I provided are for Framework.

Gary C

Rob

I was able to get the background image to appear but can not set a content background color and change its opacity as shown in the video referenced below. Any suggestions?

PLET-1.2: How to Get Started with PageLines - PageLines Essential Training http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrqsYNqXpNA&feature=share&list=PL63904A2B5277BDDB

Danny

Hi Gary,

We are unable to provide support to users who have Cache plugins active. Cache plugins should only be enabled when your sites design has been completed and not active during its development.

Please disable W3 Total Cache, once disabled, you can add a Content transparent background via CSS, like the video demonstrates.

Once you sites design has been completed, only then activate the Cache plugin.

Please search our forums, before posting!

outtareach

I have a similar issue, I have set the background image which is working yet I want a texture image under it.  I cannot seem to remove the solid black from my background.  Any help with the class to edit would be appreciated.

Rob

Okay, I'm hearing there may be a conflict of some kind with supersize. Deactivate and leave supersize off.

On a somewhat happy note, tiling works! :D