Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sheilahoff

PL Shortcode help needed for modal

sheilahoff

I've followed the instructions for adding a modal which can be seen at the bottom of this page to popup a map with directions http://www.david.hoffmangraphics.com/register/

As you can see the Close button is appearing initially instead of inside the modal which is odd. Is there a way to fix this or is this not compatible with DMS? I got it from the DMS docs so I'm assuming it is http://docs.pagelines.com/tutorials/shortcodes

This is the code I used: [pl_modal title="Map & Directions To Lake Union Crew" type="btn" colortype="default" label="Map & Directions"]

Perhaps the issue is being inside of a tab? I'll check with Ellen Moore too. It actually does appear to work correctly when not in a tab. :-(

Assuming we overcome this odd behavior, then my question is if I can change the size of the modal so it doesn't require horizontal scrolling.

Thanks,

Sheila

DMS 1.0.3

WP 3.6

Sheila Hoffman | Hoffman Graphics | Seattle

sheilahoff

Ellen fixed the conflict with Tabs....SO...now I'd like to know if there's any way to control the width/size of the modal? Thanks.

Danny

Hi,

You can control the width of the Modal using CSS. However, I wouldn't recommend changing the width as it will most likely effect it when viewing on mobile devices. The default width of the modal is perfect. Therefore, may I ask why you want to increase/decrease the width ?

Please search our forums, before posting!

sheilahoff

Thanks Danny. I didn't like that it had a horizontal scroll is why. But I think if I make the map narrower that'll go away. So Ill do that. Thanks.

Danny

Yeah the only way you would get a horizontal scroll is if you have content that has a fixed width. You could try wrapping your map code inside our grid layout, this may make the map act responsive but I am not sure.

Please search our forums, before posting!

sheilahoff

Actually I found the PLshortcode for the maps and realized all I needed to do was set the width to 100% and now it resizes. Simple.