Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

adabill

1.00 to 1.03 update failing

adabill

Hi,

I am trying to update 1.00 to 1.03. I get no error message  but it does not update.

running wpadmin/update-core.php in browser

Any suggestions how how to handle?

Thanks!

-billb

adabill

Clarification, it's 1.02 to 1.03. I had the from version wrong. Still having the problem. Maybe I just need to install the full 1.03 distribution? -billb

Danny

Hi,

What is the error you're encountering, can you copy and paste the error in your reply please.

Please search our forums, before posting!

gwnich

I am having a similar error, but not on all my DMS-powered sites. 

Tup upgrade, I have to turn off all Plugins, then try upgrade the Theme. If it doesn't upgrade, giving an error message like the below, I have to activate another temp theme. Delete DMS theme, then upload the latest DMS.zip from my Pagelines account.

Get's really painful doing this once a week across 7 websites as new upgrades are released. I've turned off all Chrome Plugins and no improvement.

When Pagelines works though, it's an awesome product!

Thanks for someones input on this error:

An error occurred while updating PageLines DMS: The package could not be installed. PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10) : Unable to find End of Central Dir Record signature

adabill

Thanks Danny and gwnich. Danny, there was no error, it was just running, reporting nothing, and not updating. I was clicking on the "update now" in DMS v1.0.3 is available. You should update now, which runs the wpadmin/update-core.php script. This was failing with no error.

How I resolved was, after the update-core.php script failed (no error it just did nothing), then an option to update theme appeared on the screen (can't seem to insert a screenshot/image file from my hard disk into post or I would show--when I insert image it asks me for a URL, doesn't let me pull a file in, if I go to Media Library it lets me search for items in the library but not clear how to add them-- sure I'm missing something obvious).

Anyhow, when I selected the theme, ran that "Update Themes" option, the update succeeded. So, I no longer have a problem to solve, I am working.

Thanks!

-billb

Rob

Bill, I'm happy to hear you're working again, and that this issue was so easy to resolve.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur