Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lither

Can't Installing Free Version Error Report

lither    0
lither

I Just Try Out Free Version of Dms but having problem when start new upload dms.zip theme files this is the error report from admin dashboard ,how to resolve this problem?

The package could not be installed. PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10) : Unable to find End of Central Dir Record signature

Thanks 

Best Regards

Lither

Simon    247
Simon

Where did you download the zip from?

Rob    547
Rob

Do you have FTP access to your website?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Rob    547
Rob

Okay.  Download dms.zip again from our homepage.  Unzip the file and save the dms folder inside it to your desktop.

FTP to the site and go to wp-content/themes

Delete the previous failed dms installation.

When the deletion completes, upload the dms folder from your desktop to that location.

Browse to Dashboard > Appearance > Themes and activate DMS. You should be good to go then.

lither    0
lither
I already test with your suggestion and had failed the error mesage the theme is not complete " no css file and template file"

Rob    547
Rob

Either you're not letting the upload complete or your hosting service isn't sufficient to handle DMS. Please snapshot your screen at Dashboard > Appearance > Themes.

What kind of hosting are you using? Is it really inexpensive? Cheap hosts often pack too many accounts onto one server and that usually causes problems like this.

• Similar Content

• dawsonbarber
      By dawsonbarber+
      I originally added some posts to an existing thread I found by doing a search:

http://forum.pagelines.com/topic/35578-wpengine-copy-fail-502-bad-gateway-error/

It turns out that that was in a PageLines sub-forum, not DMS.

Hopefully by posting here, I'll get a response.

My original addition to the above-noted thread had to do with an installation copy on WP Engine that did not go well.

WP Engine had a senior engineer take look at things and found that the root cause was that the theme (I'm using iBlogPro6) was coded to set options using the absolute server path instead of the relative path.   Did a search and replace (of the copy-from and copy-to domain name) with this: https://interconnectit.com/products/search-and-replace-for-wordpress-databases/and everything loaded as it should.   That, of course, should not be necessary.   Today we did a server migration on WP Engine and I ended up with a blank site, due to the same problem.   It would be nice if this could be addressed in an update (to any/all themes "guilty" of this same problem).   Please advise.
    • Hannie
      By Hannie
      I bought the iblogpro6 theme. In the folder wp-content/themes/iblogpro6/dms/language there is a Dutch mo-file. Some words are translated (labelled with), most words are not (posted by, continue reading).
      What do I need to do to get these words translated?
      (I did try to find this issue in the doc's and in this forum, but couldn't find anything that I understood).

url: shop.mommersontwerp.nl
      wp: 3.9.1 with config-file set to nl_NL

Have a great day,
      Hannie
    • BeyS
      By BeyS
      I have two kinda dumb questions here.  Im a newbie trying to float this project by myself so... yea.

My url is BeyondSalad.com
      I am using DMS 1.1.4 and WAS using Wordpress 3.5.1, but am upgrading to 3.8 as we speak.

Activated plugins include: WP Ultimate Recipe Premium, WCK Custom Fields and Post Type Creator, Updraft Plus backup/restore, Soliloquy, Social Media Widget, Piwigo Press and Piwigo Media, Options Framework, Multicons, Membership, Jetpack, DMS Protools 1.4.2., Custom Sidebars, Custom Login 2.0, Cool Carousel PL Section, Article Type, Are You Human, and Amazon Send to Kindle.

Host is iPage.

Question 1:

I was watching a DMS video, and in the background I noticed that there were tons more sections available in the video than what I can see when I enter the store, including sections for buddypress and bbpress.  Does anyone know how to access all of these other sections in the store?  Does anyone know about a DMS-specific buddypress plugin?

Question 2:

When I saw all of these extra plugins, I went searching and found a link to a Framework-Included-Content (https://www.dropbox.com/s/muyy8k5xcjvbvlo/Framework-included-content.zip).  However, I for whatever reason cannot figure out how to install it.  Would anyone care to lend me a 'How to install framework plugins for dummies' tutorial??  I tried to upload the entire zip with the wordpress plugin installation page, tried to install the individual zip files... I feel like I have 6 thumbs here.....  Ugh.  

If anyone could shed some light on this project, I would be incredibly grateful. 

Thank you,

DanDann
    • BeyS
      By BeyS
      I have two kinda dumb questions here.  Im a newbie trying to float this project by myself so... yea.

My url is BeyondSalad.com
      I am using DMS 1.1.4 and WAS using Wordpress 3.5.1, but am upgrading to 3.8 as we speak.

Activated plugins include: WP Ultimate Recipe Premium, WCK Custom Fields and Post Type Creator, Updraft Plus backup/restore, Soliloquy, Social Media Widget, Piwigo Press and Piwigo Media, Options Framework, Multicons, Membership, Jetpack, DMS Protools 1.4.2., Custom Sidebars, Custom Login 2.0, Cool Carousel PL Section, Article Type, Are You Human, and Amazon Send to Kindle.

Host is iPage.

Question 1:

I was watching a DMS video, and in the background I noticed that there were tons more sections available in the video than what I can see when I enter the store, including sections for buddypress and bbpress.  Does anyone know how to access all of these other sections in the store?  Does anyone know about a DMS-specific buddypress plugin?

Question 2:

When I saw all of these extra plugins, I went searching and found a link to a Framework-Included-Content (https://www.dropbox.com/s/muyy8k5xcjvbvlo/Framework-included-content.zip).  However, I for whatever reason cannot figure out how to install it.  Would anyone care to lend me a 'How to install framework plugins for dummies' tutorial??  I tried to upload the entire zip with the wordpress plugin installation page, tried to install the individual zip files... I feel like I have 6 thumbs here.....  Ugh.  

If anyone could shed some light on this project, I would be incredibly grateful. 

Thank you,

DanDann
    • jeremymoritz
      By jeremymoritz
      Trying to install the free Viewer theme:

Installing Theme from uploaded file: Viewer_v1.0.1.zip Unpacking the package…
      Installing the theme…
      The package could not be installed. The theme is missing the <code>style.css</code> stylesheet.
      Theme install failed.

Current Theme DMS By PageLines Version 1.0.3.1   You are using WordPress 3.6.1.