Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tmj13

DMS editor not allowing me to edit or make changes

tmj13

Hello,

I am still experimenting the free DMS version. I have downloaded the latest DMS update but when i log in i cannot work on the DMS editor or make changes to my website anymore.

I have disabled my wordpress plugins, google chrome add ons and already tried to delete dms theme and upload it again via wordpress theme menu, same situation.

It does not work on any pages i have created. i see a youtube error but do not understand what it is or what needs to be done

Any help would be appreciated.

The website is www.citypointpm.com and please find printscreen uploaded here => http://snag.gy/KA7S4.jpg .

Thank you

batman
tmj13

Hi batman,

Thanks for sharing some tips.

I am trying to follow the direction to activate editor manually through the inspection of element but getting stuck there. I've found the line that focus on the button itself but do not know what to do next.

Any tip please?

See printscreen here=> http://snag.gy/0DdET.jpg

Danny
Hi,

can you email me your admin username and password so I can take a closer look please. However, I am thinking that it is most likely a server configuration issues, especially if you have disabled all WP plugins and Chrome addons.

Please search our forums, before posting!

Jake

Hi tmj13 - We asked one of our developers to have a look at your site and I believe you should be all set now. Take a look. 

Have you searched the forums yet or checked out the DMS user docs?

PageLines geek, blogging at MyUntangledLife.com

tmj13

Hi Jake,

Indeed it works now, thank you so much guys!

Best,

Thierry

Rob

Great!

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

jmaxstjohn

I am having the same issue. It is not allowing me to click on any of the options within the DMS editor. Any suggestions?

http://snag.gy/pLTwq.jpg

I have the free version and have disabled all pluggins

Danny

jmaxstjohn - That image isn't really helpful, you will need to provide a link to your site, also can you enable PL debug mode please ~ DMS Toolbar > Settings > Advanced.

Please search our forums, before posting!

sauronblue

For whatever reason, I cannot post new topics, tho that's why I signed up, but this q is closest to my own after searching. I have the free dms, and I have been going crazy trying to use it. It's been 2 days of placing things how I want them, only to have them erase when I reset the page to view changes. Same effect when using browser refresh, the refresh right at the section you're editing in the lower panel, or the main dms refresh at the top right of the lower pane. The page always shows that it's saving each change as I make it, (next to that last refresh button, or in the middle of the page)but when refreshed manually, all is reverted to default, and only the text I was referred back to WP to enter are still how I left them. I went ahead and published to try that, and the changes seem to stick now, but I don't want to publish every change I make before I'm sure that's what I want, especially when sometimes I can't even get to the point of refreshing, it'll just reset on it's own, which means I can't even line everything up first, then publish - If I want to be sure not to lose my work, I've gotta use publish like an auto-save to lock in every step while trying to design my page. I am on 1.1.6 and wp 3.8.1

James B

Hi there, as a free user you'll only be able to post in http://forum.pagelines.com/forum/41-pagelines-lite-free/

Once you've seen the saving wheel stop spinning you can refresh the page via the refresh icon to preview it before publishing. But you will need to publish the page to get the changes to stick before moving onto something else. Each element you have in the section options has a refresh icon next to it you can use to preview the specific change on the element you're working on. Each time you make a change, to ensure its saving/setting click in the admin panel somewhere to see the spinning saving icon in the top right, wait until that finishes saving before moving on.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B