Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

zhonghao

DMS not in Themes after ftp upload

zhonghao

Hi - I just tried to install the free version of the DMS via the Wordpress Admin - Appearance-Themes-Install Themes but I get a message saying the file size is too large. My host has increased the limit to 60 mb but I still get the same message. So I now have tried to upload the file via ftp. First I extracted the zip file and had a folder named DMS with all the files inside. I then placed this folder inside the wp-content / themes folder via ftp. I then logged in to my Wordpress admin again and looked inside Appearance-Themes but I can not see DMS in there - all the other themes listed under theme directory are there but not DMS.

Any ideas ?

Thanks - Richard

Danny

Hi Richard,

If you had issues installing DMS via the Wordpress Theme installer and DMS still isn't showing when installed via FTP, then the most likely issue is caused by how your server is configured.

I have just this moment installed DMS via FTP into the following directory /wp-content/themes/dms I then goto the Wordpress Dashboard > Appearance > Themes and DMS is there, ready to be selected as the active theme.

I would contact your host again and inform them of your issue, also can you provide a link to the site in question please.

Please search our forums, before posting!

zhonghao

Hi Danny - thanks for such a prompt reply ! The site is www.somatx.com.hk

I will send an email to the host - thanks

Danny

OK, I have tried to find your DMS installation by looking for the style.css file, which can not be found.

Therefore, its most likely an issue with your host, which is something we can't help with unfortunately. When they respond, let us know what they suggest.

zhonghao

Thank you Danny I appreciate such a prompt response. I'll write to my host and let you know the answer. Cheers - Richard

zhonghao

Hi Danny - so my host finally resolved the problem - I can now upload via Wordpress and ftp. They didn't say what was wrong but it's fixed. However now the problem is that DMS doesn't work ! I purchased the Business version and have posted to the following : http://forum.pagelines.com/topic/29590-dms-toolbar-not-working/#entry173771     - the buttons on the toolbar don't work and I can't access anything via the toolbar or Pagelines menu in Wordpress Admin.  I tried what Rob suggested but no luck - any ideas from you would be appreciated ! Thx

leografie

I have the same issue. The files are there, only it isn't available in Appearance -> Themes. All other themes appear. If Nicks Base Theme [Master] is added to the wp-content/themes folder, a "broken theme" is reported (Nick's is recognised, but the DMS theme is reported as absent).

Is there a place I should be looking on/in the server configuration?

The website is http://dewandelaar.nl. I cannot reach the themes/dms/style.css file - but it is there. As I can reach a similar file in the current (non-dms) theme, am I correct in assuming this is a permissions issue?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

leografie

To follow up almost immediately - I changed the /dms folder permissions to 755 and it seems to have worked. So far...

Danny

leografie I would contact your host as I am not sure, but I don't think any themes folder should be 775 ( I could be mistaken). I would contact your host or clarification for security purposes and also as to why you had such an issue with installing your theme via FTP.

Also, why do you need to install DMS via an FTP client, why not use the built-in Wordpress theme installer ?

Capacete

I am having problem using the built-in wp theme installer on my DMS Developer. But i get the error: The uploaded file exceeds the upload_max_filesize directive in php.ini.

Is there another way besides via the FTP client? I don´t have access to that now.

Simon

I am having problem using the built-in wp theme installer on my DMS Developer. But i get the error: The uploaded file exceeds the upload_max_filesize directive in php.ini.
Is there another way besides via the FTP client? I don´t have access to that now.

Your host has restricted the filesize you can upload. DMS is about 4.5M

Sometimes you can increase it by editing .htaccess or php.ini but really you should ask your host as we have no idea how they have it configured, only they know that ;)