Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dwhoban

Additional Post Selection in Flipper

dwhoban

Is it possible to use default metadata fields such as author or category for additonal post selection in Flipper? If so, how, and which references do I use (e.g. For author, Fullname or username?)?

Danny

HI,

What you can do is, go to each of your posts by the author John Doe for example.

Then in the Custom Fields section of the post, click Enter New and in the Name field type author and the Value field, type johndoe. Once you have add this info to all John Doe posts, goto your Flipper section settings and in the Meta Key field enter author and in the meta key value enter johndoe. Now save, upon refresh Flipper should only be populated by posts from the John Doe author.

Please search our forums, before posting!

dwhoban

Ok so there is no way to use the built in author tag I have to take an extra step?

Danny

Ive just tried and it seems to nuke the Flipper section, so I am not sure if this is an error on my part of a bug. I will need to speak to our developers and show them. In the meantime you can use my suggestion above, as that works without any issue.

As soon as I have more info for you I will reply here and make a note of it for the docs.

Please search our forums, before posting!

dwhoban

Yeah that is what I have been running to as well :)

Will look into how to automate it otherwise...