Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hjorrip

DMS and Views (plugin) conflict

hjorrip    0
hjorrip

Hi guys,

I'm using a plugin called Views from (http://wp-types.com/) and I'm having some conflicts.

I use this plugin to create a template for single post and archive of posts (changing it from blog to classifieds template)

Now I have tried many things to solve it, and I've made sure that the plugin works on Twenty Twelve, but as soon as I activate DMS, it overwrites my custom template with the default one.

Erwan you mentioned that you were using this very same plugin without troubles, is there anything at the top of your mind that you can think if that I might not be doing right?

Many thanks in advanced,

Rob    547
Rob

I'm not surprised that plugin is having issues, considering it too is doing the same type of things as some parts of DMS and probably using different, conflicting scripting. 

I'd write to the developers, as it's a premium product and ask them why it doesn't work for you in DMS. Ask them to download the free product from our homepage and test it out.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

dawsonbarber+    19
dawsonbarber
It sounds like you're having the same problem I was.

Have you enabled theme support for Views?

If not, then go to Views > Settings and scroll down to Theme Support for View Templates.

Copy and paste the following code in the field where you enter the name of the function that DMS uses: 
post_content

That did the trick for me.

hjorrip    0
hjorrip

It sounds like you're having the same problem I was.

Have you enabled theme support for Views?

If not, then go to Views > Settings and scroll down to Theme Support for View Templates.

Copy and paste the following code in the field where you enter the name of the function that DMS uses: 
post_content

That did the trick for me.

dawsonbarber that worked!! :)

You just made my week, many thanks!!! :)

dawsonbarber+    19
dawsonbarber

Good to hear that you're all sorted now.

Cheers!

• Similar Content

• MissT
      By MissT+
      It looks like there is a plugin conflict with the Platform5 Maps and Toolset Views plugin which prevents the map from displaying on screen.  Deactivate the views plugin and the map appears.
      There are the following browser warnings...
      Google Maps API warning: NoApiKeys https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/error-messages#no-api-keys util.js (line 219)   Google Maps API warning: SensorNotRequired https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/error-messages#sensor-not-required   Maps v 5.0.5 Toolset Views v 11.1.11 WP v 4.4.2 PL5 - 5.0.132   URL can be provided privately.  
    • dawsonbarber
      By dawsonbarber+
      (First: not sure why this was/is added to Viewer because I didn't select Viewer nor were any product prefix options available for selection).

I had some problems with an installation that uses Views quite extensively and, after deactivating all plugins and reactivating one by one, found that the "culprit" was Hooker.

With Hooker active on the site, key Views functionality does not work (e.g., post links are rendered effectively inactive).

As I'd already reached out to the Toolset support team, they did some debugging.

Here's a recap of their findings:

Basically, the problem is that both Views and Hooker use a different version of CodeMirror (script used for syntax highlighting). Views is using version 4.8.0 and Hooker is using version 3.19.   Further details: PageLines DMS Hooker plugin is en-queuing the CodeMirror script on every admin page although it is only using it on a single admin page, while Views is only en-queuing it on the pages it is using it Views registers and en-queues the CodeMirror script with an appropriate handler name, while Hooker is using a "test" name for it. It is also using the same "test" handler for the CodeMirror style sheet Recommendations: Rename the CodeMirror script and style sheet handlers to something less generic than "test" Make sure that Hooker is only registering and en-queuing those assets on the admin page that uses them. Sidenote: For what it;s worth, they also indicated that Hooker may not be fully compliant with the CodeMirror license as, apparently, it does not include the license declaration files.   Perhaps these issues can be addressed in an update?  
    • alisamski
      By alisamski+
      Hi,

Trying to implement a plugin... (before you say anything about support)... I've been thru the plugin developer and this is what they say...

Exit Box Plugin: does not play nicely with DMS Editor....

URL in question with external linking: http://bit.ly/1tpuk4b

Please advise.

• BlueSkyCreative
      By BlueSkyCreative+
      Hi there

I have long used your footer extras plugin and it is great, I have just noticed though on this new site I am building that when activated it messes the dms menu up

Please see screen shot, here is the debug info too

Hope we can fix it as I love using this plugin over all footers

:) Paul

DMS Debug Info WordPress Version
      WordPress Debug
      Disabled
      Multisite Enabled
      No
      Current Role
      Administrator
      Framework Path
      /home/soneripe/public_html/wp-content/themes/dms/dms
      Framework URI
      http://soneripersians.co.uk/wp-content/themes/dms/dms
      Framework Version
      PHP Version
      Child theme
      Yes
      /home/soneripe/public_html/wp-content/themes/SoneriPersians
      http://soneripersians.co.uk/wp-content/themes/SoneriPersians
      WP_DEBUG
      No
      WP memory limit
      40 MB
      WP MAX memory limit
      256 MB
      PHP memory limit
      256 MB
      Mysql version
      WP Max Upload Size
      250 MB
      PHP POST Max Size
      250 MB
      PHP Max Execution Time
      30s
      PHP type
      Cgi-fcgi
      WebServer software
      Apache/2.2.27 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.27 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_bwlimited/1.4
      PHP User
      Soneripe
      OS
      Linux
      Installed Plugins
      better-wp-security/better-wp-security.php
      cookie-control/cookiecontrol.php
      dms-dev-tools/dms-dev-tools.php
      dms-plugin-pro/dms-plugin-pro.php
      footer-extras-dms/footer-extras-dms.php
      google-sitemap-generator/sitemap.php
      jetpack/jetpack.php
      pagelines-updater/pagelines-updater.php
      seedprod-coming-soon-pro/seedprod-coming-soon-pro.php
      stream/stream.php
      user-role-editor/user-role-editor.php
      wordfence/wordfence.php
      wp-dbmanager/wp-dbmanager.php
      wp-smushit/wp-smushit.php
    • outtareach
      By outtareach
      This is a major problem!  When you install your Audio Player wordpress says there is an update but once you click the update it changes your audio player to another one which is from a guy names "Martin Laine " and those is replaces yours.  I think you need to have a better name for the folder because I think his is "audio player" also and it conflicts with yours thus overriding yours.