Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

erin-wsk

Image Size

erin-wsk    10
erin-wsk

I have a feeling I know the answer but it never hurts to ask- Is it possible to pull from the featured thumb and not the full image? Thanks!

ellenmva    112
ellenmva

Sorry to take so long to get back -- I was away this past weekend.

Right now I am grabbing the thumbnail sizes - width and height - but I don't think that is the same as getting the thumbnail in WordPress, the one you can edit the position and such. Going to do a little research and see what's up and if I can get it to grab the thumbnail for you. 

Ellen

• Like 1

Ellen Moore

Pagelines Developer

www.elsue.com www.betterdms.com

erin-wsk    10
erin-wsk

Hi Ellen, 

Thank you for the response. I really love the section- I primarily design food blogs so this works extremely well for recipes!

erin-wsk    10
erin-wsk

Hi Ellen, 

I managed to make a work-around for the time being at least for my site but I'd love to see a permanent solution. When I took my site live, I realized a bit too late that with the many post I have and the large image pulling in, it was killing my load time (upwards of a minute to load a page) and was going to give me one heck of an amazon S3 bill (page was loading 90+mb). With the workaround to use the wordpress thumb, I was able to cut it down to 4mb. 

ellenmva    112
ellenmva

erin-wsk So sorry I haven't gotten to fixing this issue. I'm giving it my attention the next couple of days. I'm glad to here loading the WordPress thumb helped with the speed issue. I intent to give the thumbnail options (thumb, medium and large) too. Just have to write the code.

Thanks for being patient and I will get this resolved ASAP.

Ellen

Ellen Moore

Pagelines Developer

Jenny    33
Jenny

erin-wsk would you like me to keep this topic open or is it okay to close it?

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

erin-wsk    10
erin-wsk

You can close it.

ellenmva    112
ellenmva

erin-wsk Just want to let you know I am working on Filtering 1.7 which should be done in a couple of weeks. It will have the option to select the featured thumb.

• Like 1

Ellen Moore

Pagelines Developer

• Similar Content

• Josiah Jones
      By Josiah Jones
      Hi,
      I'm currently using the Filtering plugin on a website that is not yet live (http://www.RetroLeaders.com/ - currently hidden by a "Coming Soon" plugin) however after updating to the most recent version of Wordpress and DMS the Filtering plugin has stopped working and is causing DMS to display the never ending load icon.
      Inspecting the code for errors I see the following problems:
      . jquery.isotope.min.js?ver=1.7.4:11 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'opera' of undefined (anonymous function) @ jquery.isotope.min.js?ver=1.7.4:11 (anonymous function) @ jquery.isotope.min.js?ver=1.7.4:11 (index):66 Uncaught TypeError: mycontainer.isotope is not a function (anonymous function) @ (index):66 jQuery.Callbacks.fire @ jquery.js?ver=1.11.2:3143 jQuery.Callbacks.self.fireWith @ jquery.js?ver=1.11.2:3255 jQuery.extend.ready @ jquery.js?ver=1.11.2:3467 completed @ jquery.js?ver=1.11.2:3498
        Can you please check if everything is working properly and provide an update if necessary? The filtering function is a crucial part of my web design and we cannot go live without it!
      Please let me know what you find.
      Best,
      - Josiah 
    • evscicats
      By evscicats
      Ellen,

What version number is the latest for the Filtering section?  I have version 1.6 and hope that I'm up-to-date.  If there's a new version, how do I get the latest update and do I have to pay again?

Thanks,

Jerrad
    • jujutanada@gmail.com
      By jujutanada@gmail.com
      Hi, I found out that if I go to the archive of a tag e.g. http://mysite/?tag=lotd , it doesn't work. It doesn't show the correct posts tagged with lotd, --but it works for categories. It only works when I use WP Content. How do I display this using Postpins?
      And is it possible to create a different archive page for only a particular category?

• jujutanada@gmail.com
      By jujutanada@gmail.com
      Hi, I found out that if I go to the archive of a tag e.g. http://mysite/?tag=lotd , it doesn't work. It doesn't show the correct posts tagged with lotd, --but it works for categories. It only works when I use WP Content. How do I display this using Postpins?
      And is it possible to create a different archive page for only a particular category?

• aldisney
      By aldisney+
      Hello, PageLines!
      I have a problem I'm running into with trying to get a featured image (in a WP loop) to display as a circle. I'm using the filtering plugin, too. Here's the image I'm trying to show displayed as a circle:
      [sharedmedia=core:attachments:2460]   I've tried adding:   .filtering-image center {   border-radius: 50%;  }  
      I think I just have the wrong tag, but I can't seem to figure it out. Anyone have any ideas?