Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rob

Action Map!

Rob    547
Rob

Good things come to those who wait patiently! :D

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

webmktco+    21
webmktco

OK, I downloaded/installed the action map plugin... but I don't understand what to do with it.

Is this for DMS or the PL Framework?  How is this related to the Hooker plugin?

barkingsheltie+    7
barkingsheltie

OK, I downloaded/installed the action map plugin... but I don't understand what to do with it.

Is this for DMS or the PL Framework?  How is this related to the Hooker plugin?

I am presuming it works with DMS - as a button appears in the toolbar, default ActionMap OFF. 

I have the error,  invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /mysite/wp-content/plugins/pagelines-action-map/pagelines-action-map.php on line 97. 

When activated, this is what I see http://www.screencast.com/t/gJtOTIAR2

DMS editor is not usable, until I disable action map in WP plugins. 

I would assume we need the hooker plugin anyway before we could use this?

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool"
Richard P. Feynman

Rob    547
Rob

Hi, actually, I'd not worry about the error. Its probably a plugin conflict.  From your screenshot, Action Map is working perfectly. 

It should deactivate editing while it's on to prevent you from saving a template with the actions displayed.

Action Map identifies the hooks that are used in your page or site. You can then write code for hooks in pagelines-customize/functions.php or in your base child theme's functions.php to affect those specific parts.

You don't need the Hooker plugin if you've any knowledge of hooks.  Action Map coordinates with Hooker by identifying the hook to select in Hooker, which creates the hook based on the code you paste into Hooker plugin.   Sounds much worse than it is! :D

barkingsheltie+    7
barkingsheltie

Thanks Rob!

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool"
Richard P. Feynman

Rob    547
Rob

You're very welcome!

rmaxsg    7
rmaxsg

Guys where did your learn how to use hooks?    i just Destroy my 2 demo site.   :D  Thank you. Do i need study Javascript  or Any video? Thank You.

Rob    547
Rob

:)

brightonkeller+    0
brightonkeller

is the plugin download link still up? I just clicked on it and it said the owner removed it?

brightonkeller+    0
brightonkeller

Hey Jake - thanks so much! The link worked but for some reason, I still don't see the "action map" reference at the upper left hand corner of my admin bar? Any idea what's going on? i'm using the latest version of chrome. (and the plugin is indeed "active")

Danny    1,327
Danny
Just confirmed this and have reported this to our tracker.

Please search our forums, before posting!

brightonkeller+    0
brightonkeller

ok great Danny thanks so much! I would like to use it in order to control which pages my custom "hooks" work on. I would like to have after post hooks display on my main postloop on home page (brightontheday.com) and the permalink pages but not on specific pages like contact etc.

Rob    547
Rob

Brighton, you may need some PHP conditionals for that, and may be able to achieve such results without hooks if using DMS. If you'd like, feel free to open a topic in the forum and I'll be happy to see what we can do to help.

rmaxsg    7
rmaxsg
If anyone can make a video about hooks and action map using with dms. It will be really helpful for newbie like me .
  • Like 2

hansonexperience+    8
hansonexperience

Where can I see the action map when installed?

James B    436
James B

When actionmap is installed it displays in the wp admin bar in the left hand corner as a tab. You can use the tab to toogle actionmap on/off

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

hansonexperience+    8
hansonexperience

James B hmmm I cannot see it.....

Danny    1,327
Danny

What version number of the plugin you do have installed 

Please search our forums, before posting!

hansonexperience+    8
hansonexperience

Danny I have 1.8.1 from the link as mentioned here

• Similar Content

• tuciudadenred
      By tuciudadenred+

I have problems with the scroll, someone who can help me?
      Video_1487265541.wmv
    • Queue-it
      By Queue-it+
      Hi,
      After the latest update of platform 5 and other Pl plugins the forms stopped working. Do you have an idea what could be the problem for that?
      https://www1.test.queue-it.com/pricing/

• dougalperman
      By dougalperman+
      Hi there,
      I'm a big fan of Pagelines, and have been for years.
      I'm trying to control the size of video embeds and having some difficulty. I see that I can just paste the Vimeo video URL into the post and an embed widget will automatically appear, which is great. But the embed box created is much taller that the video (689 x 1000 pixels) so the content sits in the middle of a tall black box, which looks awkward.
      I tried using the full iFrame embed code from Vimeo, which solved the disproportionate embed frame size (or aspect ratio) issue, but despite specifying the dimensions I want (690 x 388), the videos displayed on the post are sized at 300 x 150 pixels.
      I can't work out how to change either.
      I'm using the latest version of Pagelines Framework (Pro) with the Agency them.
      Any help or advice very much appreciated.
      Thanks,
      Dougal
    • nandorj78
      By nandorj78+
      This discussion has appeared today on the Facebook User Group and we decided to have a vote to know what the users judge more important.
      Let me know which questions you want me to add to the poll.
    • Le Chef Est Une Femme
      By Le Chef Est Une Femme+
      Hey everyone
      I am very sorry if this question has a "deja vu"  taste but I have been looking for more than 2 hours a way to add a phone number in the top right corner of my header website.
      Before asking that, I have read many of the questions related to that subject, from hooks and action map to function.php and hooker plugin but I am very lost. Plus many links kindly given by some of you are now 404 pages
      Is there anyone willing to help me find the easiest way to add this number please ? 
      In advance, thank you 
      www.upgrad.paris