This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why am I stuck with DMS Basic?

I have a DMS Developer license.  I was grandfathered in.  When I login to my account I see that I have a Developer license.  I have downloaded the dms.zip file.  I have uploaded it in Wordpress.  I have activated my account within the DMS console within WordPress.  It even shows my Karma points.  Yet, I am unable to update/upgrade to the Developer version. 

How do I get upgraded to the version that I am paying for?  Do I need the Pro Activation Key?  If so, just email it to the account on file. 

Thanks in advance. 

James Giroux

Hey There!

Thanks for the question and I'm sorry you're having difficulties getting set up.  In order to get the pro version of DMS working you need both your account email address and the activation key.  The my-account page has changed a lot in the last few weeks as they continue to refine it but if you click on the "my membership" tab and then on the order number, you'll be brought to a page that includes both your email and activation key so you can get sites upgraded to pro.  If you don't have that page or don't have that account set up then someone from the staff team will have to help you out.  The best way to do that is to email hello@pagelines.com and explain the situation to them.

Hope that helps!

James Giroux, CEO

Thank you James That resolved/solved my problem. 

• Similar Content

• netpower
      By netpower+
      Missing DMS tools in toolbar.  I uploaded UPdater as a plugin in WP admin, activated it and then added license next to DMS club membership and activated it but still no Developer Tools in the DMS toolbar on the front end.... (custom then preview no developer tools in between on toolbar in DMS front end(. Any other ideas?
    • allanlove
      By allanlove+
      I have a DMS developer licence but I am not able to start a new topic in the Techincal Support (Personal, Business & Developer) section of the forum?
      I have tried completely logging out and back in again but this isn't helping.
    • arthos
      By arthos
      at first: DMS is beautiful!
      Sorry for that question (and for my English as well), but really I cannot understand how to create pages...
      I'll try to explain:if I add a section in "PAGE A" (imagine a Flipper section or a Slideshow section) and want that DMS section only for that page what I have to do?
      Actually, when I add a DMS section it remains for all pages...
      I need to have many page structures like:
      - An home Page
      - a post page;
      - a portfolio page;
      - ecc.
      How does it works?
      Sorry but via the DOCS online I can't find a way... :-(
      I need your help.
      Thanks in advance,
    • caspersjan
      By caspersjan
      Dear Pagelines, I have been tinkering with DMS offline, trying to get a feel for it. While some things take some getting used to, it is very pleasant and promising so far. Great job!
      As I read in an answer to another Forum post that the expected life time of Framework is about a year it seems wise to make a move soon. But the pricing model is very different. I run six websites, documenting projects in schools and libraries. All of these are non-profit and not generating an income.
      With the old Framework, there was a one-off payment plus the cost for assorted Store sections and plugins. A monthly fee is beyond our budget reality. The Basic version is free and already seems very powerful. But if I wish to access some Pro functions, would it be possible to purchase e.g. three months of Pro, to rebuild my sites, and then go to Basic? And purchase three or four months of Pro stretched out over a year, for maintenance? 
      This may look petty, but I am not making sites to sell them. Please let me know if it is possible to access the Pro version occasionally, during construction and maintenance periods. And which features exactly will be disabled once the Pro subscription is terminated. I cannot find concise information on the Pagelines site, just a general statement.
      Thank you for your help. I appreciate your your work hope to be able to continue making the best use of it. Yours faithfully, Jan.