Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

donnar1969

Upload Images

donnar1969

I have all the images for my site in my wp-admin media gallery, but in DMS when I want to add them to a media box or as a background image, I can't seem to find an option to pull them from my gallery. So I upload from my hard drive and then I get a second copy of the file placed with a (1) after the filename in my gallery. I have doubles of everything now. I tried uploading from the filename url, which worked, but still gave me the duplicate copy in my media gallery. Any workaround, or am I doing something wrong?

James Giroux

Hey There!

Thanks for the question.  To fill you in, you've found one of the current oddities of DMS.  Due to the way that WordPress and DMS work together, at the moment DMS relies on uploading images directly, without grabbing from the media folder.  It's a little weird and can cause loads of duplicates but it's on the radar for a fix sometime in the near future.

You're doing it right, it's something we've all mentioned and are hoping will appear in a version sometime soon.  

Thanks again for the question!

James.

James Giroux, CEO
Groundwork

donnar1969

Thank you for replying so quickly and being so kind. Its good to know I'm doing it right <fewf!>