Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

photomomwife

Old Platform look

photomomwife    0
photomomwife

I recently moved my database to a server that only used php5 and it would not move Platform without errors so we had to switch to Pagelines. We actually preferred Platform to Pagelines and could never get Pagelines to look like Platform. Frustrating, but so be it.

But we have one issue that we would love to solve: How can we get all of our posts to list as excerpts on the landing page like Platform did with the image to the side of it. We loved that part of it and it worked for the things that we list. It's probably a "duh" thing, but we can't seem to do that.

Thank you.

Jake    74
Jake

Hi photomomwife - You can change the way posts display by navigating the PageLines dashboard - Site Options - Blogs and Posts. Choose the Magazine Layout and a bit lower there's a drop down where you can set the number of Full Width posts to zero. 

Have you searched the forums yet or checked out the DMS user docs?

PageLines geek, blogging at MyUntangledLife.com

• Similar Content

• TallTree
      By TallTree+
      Hi,
      I am trying to remove the sidebar areas from my child theme (pagelines.com) from the post pages on a site:
      https://staging4.talltreemusicfestival.com/2017/grand-analog/
      The content is all the way to the left and very small, and the two sidebar areas are taking up a lot of space.
      What I'm after is content to the left, taking up most of the space, and then a small sidebar width on the right for widgets.
      I've tried selecting 'read width content' and 'full width content' in the edit screen for the WP content section, but it doesn't change.  If I try to move the sidebars (1 or 2) to the left, it doesn't change.
      If I select the pagelines framework theme (not child), the two sidebars go away when not selecting them in the edit screen..
      Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong?
      Thanks in advance.
      -Matt

• Queue-it
      By Queue-it+
      Hi,
      Previous webmaster has made short codes assigned to certain categories. For example: [pl_section section="loops" id="003"]  displays all the Job posts for tech. 
      But where can I assign a short code for a certain category? I can't find where to add the loop ID for the category.

Thank you

• Queue-it
      By Queue-it+
      I've created a new post category "Success stories" with Custom Post type UI. (in order to have a different layout for a different post category - blog post one layout, success stories another layout).
      New category "success stories" are "detached" from all the other posts, so they have a different layout, but the problem is that all of the success stories are also having the same exact content.
      So whenever I edit content (e.g. change body text) on one of success story posts, it also changes the content (body text) for all other Success story category posts. 

Question: Is there a way to retain this separate category with it's own layout, and have a different content for each individual post? I'm using Pagelins templates. 
       Thanks in advance.
    • Magne Nygaard
      By Magne Nygaard
      Hi,
      I am confused about the products your are offering.
      What is DMS, Platform and Pagelines!?