Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

illinimatt81

Removing Featured Image in Blog Posts

illinimatt81

I'm looking to not have the featured image appear at the top of individual blog posts. I use the featured image to drive the image used in the list layout mode on the blog page so I can't just delete the featured image. Is there an option somewhere or do I have to use CSS?

Here is an example of what I am trying to remove across the site globally for all blog posts: http://screencast.com/t/kAPhf0Gf

Jake

Hello - When you're editing the content/postloop section, you'll see this checkbox http://d.pr/i/F7Or under the "thumbs" options that will take care of removing this image for you. 

Have you searched the forums yet or checked out the DMS user docs?

PageLines geek, blogging at MyUntangledLife.com

illinimatt81

Hello - When you're editing the content/postloop section, you'll see this checkbox http://d.pr/i/F7Or under the "thumbs" options that will take care of removing this image for you. 

Jake I had tried that but it removes the thumbnails on the blog page listing all posts too. I just want to remove the instance of the featured image on the post pages themselves.

Jake

hmm...that's strange. I just tested it again and am still able to see images on my blog page, category pages etc without the image showing up on the blog post itself. Have you set up custom templates? What about the other thumbs settings - I've got mine both set to left-justified, though that shouldn't make a difference, it could be quirk. 

illinimatt81

hmm...that's strange. I just tested it again and am still able to see images on my blog page, category pages etc without the image showing up on the blog post itself. Have you set up custom templates? What about the other thumbs settings - I've got mine both set to left-justified, though that shouldn't make a difference, it could be quirk. 

Jake no I am not using any custom sections. It seems I can only edit the content/post loop on the blog page. If I go to an individual post page with a blog post and try to edit the content/post loop there I don't get any options. Is there somewhere else I should be trying to access the settings for blog post pages? 

Jake

Ahh..now we're getting somewhere! Try this next - go to a blog post and delete the content/postloop section. Let it save, and then go ahead and re-drag that section right back to where it was. Let it save again...and see if you can go in and bring up the edit options there at that point. I've seen this happen before and hope this will do the trick.

illinimatt81

Ahh..now we're getting somewhere! Try this next - go to a blog post and delete the content/postloop section. Let it save, and then go ahead and re-drag that section right back to where it was. Let it save again...and see if you can go in and bring up the edit options there at that point. I've seen this happen before and hope this will do the trick.

Jake Bingo! Problem solved! Everything is working as I'd like it to be now.

Thanks!

illinimatt81

Excellent news!! Glad to hear it.

Jake maybe this should be moved to Technical Support. At first I thought I would have to customize things thinking the default was something new.