Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

photomomwife

Updates caused image and page option problems?

photomomwife    0
photomomwife

I updated Wordpress and Pagelines yesterday so I don't know where the problem lies, but right afterword the background image disappeared, the page color moved in front of text causing a gray screen, the logo disappeared and all the page options reset so that the footer was in the header and the Page Title and Subtitle disappeared. This happened on all of my sites and it was quite frustrating to figure this out.

I immediately deactivated some plugins and that helped to bring the color of the page to the back. Then I tried to reload the logo from the media library and even though I could see it there it would reappear. So then I removed and then re-uploaded the logo and then it came back.

Then I did the same for the background image but it will not come back. And then I went to page options and dragged things around until it looked right. It's like it reset and added all sorts of modules I never had in there. Also, the site seems way slower today.

Does anyone know what happened? And why can't I get the background image to reappear?

photomomwife    0
photomomwife

Okay, and on some of my sites, the nav bar changed to just the home page. On the page I pointed to, that didn't happen BUT when we go to the Menus to add another link in the nab bar all the links to the drop downs are gone, nowhere to be seen.

Rob    547
Rob

Your site is taking forever to load.

Do you see it? If so, disable all the plugins.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

photomomwife    0
photomomwife

Yeah, it was really slowed down. It's better now. Please check.

Jake    74
Jake

Hi photomomwife - If you've disabled all plugins and removed any custom scripts, the next step would be to enable debug mode so we can investigate further. Please navigate to the PageLines - Site Options - Advanced and then click the checkbox the enable debug mode. Let us know when you've done that and we'll take a look to see if that reveals anything.

• Like 1

Have you searched the forums yet or checked out the DMS user docs?

PageLines geek, blogging at MyUntangledLife.com

photomomwife    0
photomomwife

Thank you. I have done that on this not-so trafficked site (I can't live without the plugins on my other pages!!)  

This one is set up the same as the others. And here's something funky...what's with the footer with the big split down the middle? I can't figure out where that came from and how to get rid of it. And notice the Pagelines logo? I removed them all in Site Options. I can't figure out how that got there too. 

Thank you for checking this out for me. I appreciate it.

Rob    547
Rob

Disabling plugins is an essential diagnostic process.  It is not permanent, so I respectfully point out you can, like others, live without them for the diagnostic period.  The process usually take little more than 30 minutes.

Deactivate them, all, and check to see if the issue has gone away, then, reactivate them, one at a time, checking for the problem each time.  If you see problems, make a note and deactivate the troublesome pluigin. Continue till the entire group has been tested.  Replace any plugins that are problematic.

If your problem isn't a plugin conflict, it may simply be the hosting package you're on. Many inexpensive hosts place far too many accounts on one server, diminishing shared resources to the point that the sites don't work.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

photomomwife    0
photomomwife

It's on a dedicated server and I did undo all the plugins on that site. Still no background image.

Danny    1,327
Danny

Hi,

From what I can see your image is using the Supersize option, you will most likely not want to use this option, you will want to disable SuperSize and use the repeat option. You also appear to have full width mode activated, this should be used if you intend to use a background image, this is because in Full Width mode, your content area color will overlap your background image.

Please search our forums, before posting!

• Similar Content

• TourKick (Clifford P)
      By TourKick (Clifford P)
      What's the latest version of DMS2, and is it the last version to ever be expected?
      I ask because v2.2.4 is available but the fix for Google Maps to always load HTTPS instead of HTTP isn't in v2.2.4 -- https://github.com/PageLines-Team/dms/blob/2.2.4/dms/includes/library.pagelines.php#L202 -- but I thought I submitted this pull request in the past (although I can't find it now)
      Also, 
      states v2.2.3 is the latest and not v2.2.4
      Finally, what does this mean:
      ?

Thank you.
    • SaschaM
      By SaschaM+
      Hello,
      sorry. i got a problem on my site i can not fix myself, would be nice somebody can help.
      I use:
      - Platform 5 (latest) Pro
      - Pagelines Framework (latest for Platform 5)
      - keycdn (cdn enabler, cache enabler und optimus WebP)
      - my site:  example
      Problem:
      The background image i use in the Impulse Section is not beeing replaced automatically if i specify a CDN Url. I need to put in the cdn url to the image manually. Why?
      If you look in the button of the the side you see post grid section, where i have no problems. You also see there WebP Images working.
      Now i can not really use the direct cdn url for the impulse background image, cause i want to benefit there from WebP Image also in the background as it works in post grid section.
      How does it works with Impulse? The webP image for the background is ready to use.
      Thank you.

• Michael Kummer
      By Michael Kummer+
      Hi guys,
      I have noticed that all thumbnails on www.michaelkummer.com are scaled down in CSS or HTML, rather than on the backend by Jetpack's Photon. See https://db.tt/vNJCn7Gh and https://db.tt/3ZpkHM7G. 
      Any idea why Pins sets the image width and height to something much larger than what's shown on the screen? Is there any way to fix this so that Photon can do a better job in rescaling the images on the backend before they are delivered to the browser?
      Thanks
      Michael 
    • abuzzelli
      By abuzzelli+
      Is there any way Pagelines themes and plugins can be modified so I can updated them with ithemes sync? I have quite a few sites and I use ithemes sync extensively. This would be much appreciated!
    • Rob Thomas
      By Rob Thomas+
      I seem to be having some problems with a multisite I have hosted on DO. I was unable to upgrade any of the plugins or add any new sections, etc. This has been going on for several months now. I get an error "The package could not be installed. PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10) : Unable to find End of Central Dir Record signature"
      There is only one site that is using Platform 5 on this Multisite, but, of course, you have to have the primary hosting site activated, as well, in order to perform the updates. I tried refreshing my account and that did not work. When that did not work, I tried deactivating (removing) my account on the primary site on the Multisite (and then was planning to reactivate it to see if that would fix the problem). When I attempt to reactivate the site with my account, the following error is returned: 
      {"success":false,"data":"Too many redirects"} so, yay, I seem to have just made things worse. 
      is it possible Wordfence is causing the first error? I have since deactivated it, but since I can no longer link my account in PL, I cannot test that out. 
      I have two other sites on other servers and I am not having this issue. It is only on my DO server.