Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

flourishdesignstudio

Transition between slides in RevSlider

flourishdesignstudio    9
flourishdesignstudio

Hi there! I'd like to slow the transition between slides in the RevSlider so that it slowly fades from one slide to the next. I've been able to customize the slides that I have within the slider and the duration of each slide. http://rasaspa.com/namaste/ But, I can't figure out how to change the transition effect. Can someone help?

Thank you SO much in advance!

Rob    547
Rob

If you point your cursor to the edit icon on your slider, then view the settings under the DMS Toolbar, you'll see a setting for milliseconds per slide.   That's the way to control the timing of the slide's transition. The transition method will determine how that transition looks.  Some look slow and easy, others fast and neat. Select accordingly.

Milliseconds are basically 1000 x each second.  So, if you want a 7 second transition, the value is 7000 milliseconds.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

flourishdesignstudio

Rob Thanks for your reply! I have edited that value, and know that it controls the slide's duration (how long it stays up until it moves on to the next slide). I would like to change the value of the transition from one slide to the next. (kind of like the time in between slides)

Rob    547
Rob

Unfortunately, there's no setting for that. You may need a different slider if RevSlider doesn't work for your needs. I'm not sure which of our products provides that kind of thing these days, so you may need a third party product or a pro to customize RevSlider.

Many apologies.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

flourishdesignstudio

I had actually wanted to use the actual Revolution Slider so that I would have more options. But, unfortunately, there is no way to add short code to make that slider go full width. Text areas and media boxes will only go within the content area.The only full width options are RevSlider or the Full-width section, which only allows you to place items within the content area and will not allow the content to go from edge to edge. :(

Can anyone help me find the piece of code within the revSlider code to edit to make the transitions slow down? I'd be forever grateful! :)

Danny    1,327
Danny

You could use a hook, to position the RevSlider plugin where you like.

Also, as far as I know, one of our store devs is going to refactor the TextBox section and make it so that its full width.

Please search our forums, before posting!

flourishdesignstudio

I am so excited to hear about the full-width text box! I hope that it comes out soon! 

• Similar Content

• carl
      By carl+
      Trying to convert a site over to PL5 from DMS2. Can we use revslider? Can any portion of DMS2 be editable or imported through PL5?
      I'm trying to wrap my head around the new PL5 os, but things have changed so much it like learning a new software. I DO like the new UI! Great job.
    • werdnags
      By werdnags+
      Hi Folks,
      Does anyone know if it is possible to change the transition of Tangram Carousel to a smooth scroll?  At the moment I feel it is very 'jerky' when using the default transition.
      Thanks.
    • jennajonesdesign
      By jennajonesdesign+
      Hi Guys, 
      I just went live with this site. http://bikenet.org/
      I can see the video background in Firefox, Chrome and IE on my computer as well as my husband's computer and my phone. So I am not able to see any problem. 
      But, my client says she cannot see the video background in Chrome?? Any ideas? 
      Let me know. Thanks!

Jenna
    • Bleuy
      By Bleuy+
      Problem: Full Screen Revslider content runs off the screen on mobile devices (particularly calls to action buttons).  I've used the <br> to break up the text, however the call to action buttons run off the screen.  Therefore without making the fix too technical (and I can see some VERY technical resolutions on here) my client just wants to simple centre justify the text when being viewed on a mobile device.  
      Any ideas on how best to achieve this in a simple, non too technical way?
      Thanks very much in advance

• AliceNicholls
      By AliceNicholls+
      Hi there,
      I'm trying to place the menu bar on top of a Revslider image using negative top margins and z-scores to place the Revslider under the menu as per this forum post: https://forum.pagelines.com/topic/37996-menu-inside-full-width-slider/
      It looks great in Chrome and Safari but in Firefox the slider doesn't spread out across the page. Instead it stops when it collides with the items in the menu (i.e. logo and menu items). Any advice on what I'm doing wrong?
      The full site is here: http://seemly-hobby.flywheelsites.com/
      Thanks a lot!
      Al