Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

23movisiedingen

Adrotate plugin diables dropwdown menu

23movisiedingen

Working with the latest Pagelines Framework and adrotate plugin. After installing and creating ads in various posisitions, it works all fine and smooth. Except that the dropdown menu is not working.

You can see the two situations - active and inactive plugin - in the images.

I am pretty sure it is a Pagelines thing, because the dropdown menus work fine when i selectt the default WordPress twentythirteen theme.

Any idea if i overlook an option?

Rob

Rob

Hi Rob,

This is a very common thing.  The plugin is using the same z-index as the drop down menu, thus interfering with the ability of the browser to display the drop list.  You'll have to ask the developers of  AdRotate for a different z-index and the CSS code to change it, or, if you use Firebug for Firefox or Chrome's Inspection Tools, find the z-index code for the ads and modify it in Custom Code.

I'm not sure about your proficiency with CSS, so please let me know how you get along.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

23movisiedingen

Hi Rob,

Thank you for looking at this. I forwarded your answer to the developer at Adrotate.

I have tried to find the z-index with Firebug, after activating the plugin. I inspected the menu, but i couldn't find anything that gave me an "A HA - erlebnis".

Can i mail you guest credentials to have a look in the admin and help me out?

Rob

23movisiedingen

New response from AdRotate:

AdRotate defines no z-index. And that works fine for pretty much every element. Evidenced by the lack of complaints.
As they suggest, you can add a z-index. Probably adding it to the .block_outer class will work.
.block_outer { z-index: 999; }
Or something similar. The 999 can be any number except the one they say conflicts with their stuff.

I add that line in <custom css> but i don't see any result.

I'm quite desperate if i can get this plugin to work with Pagelines...

Danny

Can you enable the Ad plugin again, when I viewed your site it was there.

Please search our forums, before posting!

23movisiedingen

Danny can i give you admin access to limit the time of the disabled dropdown menu?

Danny

no need for admin access it should only take a few moments to solve the issue. If you active it  and then reply here, ill take a look now.

23movisiedingen

Danny okay, AdRotate is activated. I've also activated it's widget, that you see in the right corner.

Let me know when i can disable it again.

R.

23movisiedingen

Huhhhhh, now that is weird. Maybe clear cache?

On all my devices - pc, iphone, ipad there is no dropdown...

photo.jpg

Danny

I recommend you disable all active plugins and see if this resolves your issue.

23movisiedingen

Danny OK - just did that a minute ago - ALL plugins disabled except for AdRotate - but still no dropdown.

Should i start looking for another ads plugin? Any recommendations?

R.

Danny

Can you disable the AdRotate plugin and see if this resolves your issue with the drop down not appearing.

23movisiedingen

AdRotate is disabled now and the dropdown is working... so it's just this plugin causing it.

R.

Danny

OK, then you need to find an alternative AdRotate plugin, I don't use them personally so I can't recommend one unfortunately. However, the best thing to do is search the Wordpress plugin repo and make sure that the plugin is maintained by its developer and has been updated recently.

23movisiedingen

ok, pity... will ask here for alternatives.

Thank your for looking at the problem.

Rob

Danny

No problem.

Also, if this is the plugin you're using - http://wordpress.org/plugins/adrotate/

Its seems to be well supported, therefore I would contact the developer and see if he is able to assist you.

23movisiedingen

Yes, i got it from there and i contacted the developer. He came with the quote above...

.block_outer { z-index: 999; }

Danny

You will probably want to contact him again and inform him that his plugin is causing the navigation drop down menus to no longer appear.

Rob

Hi, this is proper ad-server software, that operates outside WordPress

http://www.openx.com/

There's an integration for WP http://wordpress.org/plugins/openx-wordpress-widget/

However, I've generally used the ad code in Framework without the widget.  I don't know if it will work that way presently with DMS.  You may need to convert the javascript ad code to shortcode to apply it in a text area. This helps do that:  http://wordpress.org/plugins/my-shortcodes/

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur