Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interpro

DMS Editor console not loading

interpro

Hi,

I'm trying to get started with DMS but cannot seem to get the editor console to load. I've added the theme to a totally fresh WP install, no other themes or plugins installed.

DMS is active in WP but when I navigate to the homepage to start editing, the page looks like CSS isnt loaded (see screenshot).

Same in Chrome on both windows and mac.

Using latest release of DMS downloaded today.

Any ideas?

interpro

I solved this by creating a fresh database and changing wp-config.php - hopefully the same issue will not recur.

Rob

Excellent.  I think a reinstallation of DMS via FTP might have worked too.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

bloom1creative

same issue too, had so many problems with the DMS breaking/not saving both locally and online since installation 

Many thanks

Rob1n

Danny

You will want to disable all active plugins and see if that resolves your issue. If it doesn't, then you likely have issues with the way your server has been configured, can you provide a link to your site and make sure DMS Debug is active please ~ DMS Toolbar > Settings > Advanced.

Please search our forums, before posting!

bloom1creative

All plugins deactivated, still the same issue.  Loading DMS appears, but the js/css doesn't load so I get a full page of unformatted content, included the DMS sections.  There are also no errors in the CSS inspector - plus I can't access the DMS Dub section as the area is unformatted.  I have a hunch like mentioned above, that a new FTP install will fix this.  Just getting tired of all these problems causing extra time to sort.  I would agree with you about the server but there is only so much you can do wrong, and if installed fresh copies of this several times over now for different sites, both locally and hosted online and none have been smooth sailing yet.

I believe it's something to do with having the site in a subfolder, as before I moved it out of the subfolder and the DMS loaded fine.  It doesn't seem to work at all through a subfolder.  It's local I'm afraid, but I could pop it online :) sods law it will work fine then...

Many thanks

Rob1n

James B

If you've updated and the css has stopped working go to wp admin>permalinks and refresh your permalinks then refresh the site. This can fix the css loading issues on occasion. Also check your site urls match in Settings > general from the Wp Admin area.

If you view the source code for the page in your local setup, click on the link for the compiled css to see if it's giving a 404 or if the css is actually loading.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

bloom1creative

Thanks James.  Tried the refresh permalink and checked the CSS in explorer- no visible errors regarding 404 links.  It's literally the same issue where somebody said they needed to remake the database and do it that way, but that also failed for me.  I could try and move it to our VPS, but I can't export anything from the DMS side of things.

Many thanks

Rob1n

Danny

bloom1creative - I replied to another topic you replied too, would it be possible to contact our helpdesk and provide the following please.

A link to your site and this topic, so they can leave moderator notes.

Your admin username and password.

Also, make sure all plugins are disabled.

bloom1creative

Hi Danny

I have moved the Local install Live onto our VPS, but again I seem to have issues when I do this with the DMS due to the need to download settings via the DMS, and loss of links inputted through the DMS system itself.

It can be found here : http://46.32.252.177/~westind/westind/

I will contact the helpdesk now, thanks

Many thanks

Rob1n

bloom1creative

This might sound stupid, but how can I contact the helpdesk directly Danny?

Many thanks

Rob1n

Danny

You can contact them using - hello at pagelines dot com

Also, you have 5 errors, all of which have the following:

event.returnValue is deprecated. Please use the standard event.preventDefault() instead.
Failed to load resource: net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED 

You have a number of files looking to your localhost, whatever you have done, its caused this error. You will need to resolve it.

bloom1creative

Thanks Danny.  I remember chnging the table prefix actually in Wordpress for security, and it was around this time the site imploded.  Does this affect the DMS?

Many thanks

Rob1n

bloom1creative

Interesting, because the actual DMS side starts to load again and replicates my local install, in which those links actually apply. I simply did a find and replace of the db.

Many thanks

Rob1n

bloom1creative

Here's a glipse of what I'm seeing, both locally and on the VPS http://screencast.com/t/Wu1eZTuDgktn

Bare in mind those links are correct anyway locally so are not the cause of the issue, but instead left from the database move I assume :)

Many thanks

Rob1n

bloom1creative

Site uploaded again to wi-businessinteriors.co.uk/westind and email sent to the helpdesk

Many thanks

Rob1n

James B

Hi there, ok logged in and checked your site, can't see anything wrong in your settings. There's some 404s on the images but thats because they're still pointing to the localhost etc.

In your compiled css however, the date it compiles is showing 'CSS was compiled at Thu, 01 Jan 70 00:00:00 +0000 ' when usually it shows today's date. Who are you hosted with? It seems to me like this could well be server related. If you have access to the hosting account check your error log to if any errors are being provided. I will check with our developer to see if he can determine what would need to be adjusted or if anymore information can be provided.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

bloom1creative

Thanks James - you're up early!

On the site you are seeing, the shared hosting, there are no error logs.  I had an error log on the VPS, but bare in mind that I have this on three servers now?  Each giving me the same issues, and one is local.  It was the MAMP PRO install that broke first, and like I said, I think it was after I changed the wp_ prefix post install :S

The logs I got were referring to _site table, which as far as I can tell doesn't appear on any of my Wordpress sites or even gets created during install:

[25-Feb-2014 23:27:51 UTC] WordPress database error Table 'westind_maindb.sfih87_site' doesn't exist for query SELECT * FROM sfih87_site made by require('wp-blog-header.php'), require_once('wp-load.php'), require_once('wp-config.php'), require_once('wp-settings.php'), require('wp-includes/ms-settings.php'), wpmu_current_site
[25-Feb-2014 23:27:51 UTC] WordPress database error Table 'westind_maindb.sfih87_site' doesn't exist for query SELECT * FROM sfih87_site WHERE domain = '46.32.252.177' AND path = '/~westind/' made by require('wp-blog-header.php'), require_once('wp-load.php'), require_once('wp-config.php'), require_once('wp-settings.php'), require('wp-includes/ms-settings.php'), wpmu_current_site
[25-Feb-2014 23:27:51 UTC] WordPress database error Table 'westind_maindb.sfih87_site' doesn't exist for query SELECT * FROM sfih87_site WHERE domain = '46.32.252.177' AND path='/' made by require('wp-blog-header.php'), require_once('wp-load.php'), require_once('wp-config.php'), require_once('wp-settings.php'), require('wp-includes/ms-settings.php'), wpmu_current_site
[26-Feb-2014 10:45:12 UTC] WordPress database error Table 'westind_maindb.sfih87_site' doesn't exist for query SELECT * FROM sfih87_site made by require('wp-load.php'), require_once('wp-config.php'), require_once('wp-settings.php'), require('wp-includes/ms-settings.php'), wpmu_current_site
[26-Feb-2014 10:45:12 UTC] WordPress database error Table 'westind_maindb.sfih87_site' doesn't exist for query SELECT * FROM sfih87_site WHERE domain = '46.32.252.177' AND path = '/~westind/' made by require('wp-load.php'), require_once('wp-config.php'), require_once('wp-settings.php'), require('wp-includes/ms-settings.php'), wpmu_current_site
[26-Feb-2014 10:45:12 UTC] WordPress database error Table 'westind_maindb.sfih87_site' doesn't exist for query SELECT * FROM sfih87_site WHERE domain = '46.32.252.177' AND path='/' made by require('wp-load.php'), require_once('wp-config.php'), require_once('wp-settings.php'), require('wp-includes/ms-settings.php'), wpmu_current_site

Many thanks

Rob1n

bloom1creative

I added define(‘PL_LESS_DEV’,true); to the hosted site, in wp-config.php and it seems to have force refreshed the LESS for now?

For the local install however, it has no effect at all, which seems to be the opposite of the directions given on the site. 

Disable the LESS caching system while working locally. Simpy add define('PL_LESS_DEV',true); to your **wp-config** file, and this will turn off the caching system. DO NOT use this on a production site, or you'll face a nuclear melt-down. You have been warned! "

Many thanks

Rob1n

bloom1creative

Ok quick update, on that current site, when the DMS is active, the DMS engages alright.  When Nicks Base Theme is active however, the DMS breaks again.  Any ideas?

Many thanks

Rob1n

Simon

Disable the child theme, get things working without it first.

bloom1creative

Cheers Simon, I mean the DMS 'works' on the standard parent theme, but the child theme upon activation loses the functionality completely.

Many thanks

Rob1n

Simon

Perhaps enable WP_DEBUG in wp-config and find out the error.

Simon

Your css isnt loading, click view source, find the css url and open it in your browser.