Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tinsky

Can I delete upload/pagelines/compiled-css-numbers?

tinsky

I have worked out why I have been having issues trying to edit the style.css and not being able to get the look that I desire.

It seems that its also taking in the style from two files located in the uploads directory.

I uploaded dms through the upload section in themes (perhaps this was the wrong thing to do and I should have just ftp'd it to the directory instead? But I believe I was following the instructions at the time.))

So, though I've been adding to the style.css in the themes directory for DMS (themes/dms-template-theme), the page is also reading from two compiled-style.css located in uploads/pagelines. compiled-css-1375520182.css and compiled-css-1377526878.css in the uploads directory and cancelling out my css changes.

Can I just delete these?  Should they actually be there?

tinsky

Hi Danny,

I've tried that, it still doesn't work.

Basically at http://jacmus-prime.net, I do not want the backgrounds to cover the header, page area or footer.  I want to be able to designate the size of the background and specify the alignment, so the images match up.  Instead its automatically covering the area with the image so the spliced images in each section are not matching up.  At present I've just been trying to stop it from doing the cover, so I can then work out the other specifics (background-size ( I think I can just use contain? or if not specify the width and height (although that's already specified in the editor) not sure which one I'll use yet), however even if I use contain it keeps stretching the background of all three differently.

The css I need to chance is in .pl-bg-cover, but puting #site in front of it has no effect, nor does trying to use my own styling class to override (apple).

Ah...................................... never mind :)  Its now working with #page.  

THANKS!

Danny

Is the issue now resolved or do you need further assistance ?

Please search our forums, before posting!

tinsky

I'm still  having an issue with the footer, it doesn't seem to want to play at the moment, but I probably won't get to looking at it for a few more days.  Currently don't have anything in that area, so it doesn't show up unless you're in edit mode.

Danny

Hi,

If you provide a concept image of how you want your site to look, I may be able to help you.

tinsky

Okay, I am still having an issue aligning the header and the body background images.  

• Header section area global
  • Set Area Padding - leave blank it defaults to 20px  - The result of this is a gap between the header and body background images.
  • Set Area Padding  - If I change this to 0px the image is not contained in the area.
  • Most closest setting I can get it to be very near alignment is 20px for padding and 10 padding in the footer - but its still slightly out and doesn't align perfectly.
  • Changing the padding in the page area has no effect.
  • Using #page in css

If you go to the site you can see the header image and body image don't quite align on the right hand side of the graphic. I would like them to match perfectly.

This is the entire image as one image http://jacmus-prime.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/LEAD.png

Danny
Can you activate DMS on your site and I can take a look.

tinsky

Too late.

Danny

Please see my response to your reply on the complaints topic.