Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tinsky

Adding plugins creates a Warning

tinsky

Not sure if this should go in the plugins topic.

I have a site that I am using DMS on.  I have these plugins installed on my other website and they appear to work fine with DMS and despite this error, things appear okay (though I'm not sure what affect the warning has had since I'm not a programmer).

The site is www.jacmus-prime.net

When activating the plugins I received the exact same warning for both plugins which I have copied below.  No other plugins were activated except for Akismet before these installations.  

Warning: Attempt to modify property of non-object in (removed)/jacmus-prime.net/wp-content/themes/dms/editor/editor.updates.php on line 93

Warning: Attempt to modify property of non-object in (removed)jacmus-prime.net/wp-content/themes/dms/editor/editor.updates.php on line 93

Warning: Attempt to modify property of non-object in (removed)/jacmus-prime.net/wp-content/themes/dms/editor/editor.updates.php on line 93

Warning: Attempt to modify property of non-object in /(removed)/jacmus-prime.net/wp-content/themes/dms/editor/editor.updates.php on line 93

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at (removed)/jacmus-prime.net/wp-content/themes/dms/editor/editor.updates.php:93) in (removed)/jacmus-prime.net/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 875

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at (removed)/jacmus-prime.net/wp-content/themes/dms/editor/editor.updates.php:93) in (removed)/jacmus-prime.net/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 875

The two plugins I have installed which still appear to have activated okay despite the warnings are:

• Wordpress SEO Joost de Valk 
  • Jetpack by WordPress.com

Should I deactivate these plugins for now until you have a solution?

Danny

Hi,

I have just activated both plugins and have no such warning. Therefore, can you make sure that you do not have WP_Debug set to true in your wp-config.php file and also can you enabled PageLines Debug mode from DMS Toolbar > Global Options > Advanced, once enabled let us know and we can investigate further.

Please search our forums, before posting!

Rob

There are multiple reports of conflicts with Wordpress SEO plugin.  Deactivate that and likely all these errors are going to go away.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

tinsky
  • I really like pagelines SEO.
  • It is extremely useful.
  • I've got 9 sites all up that I wanted to transfer to DMS.
  • The DMS product does not appear to be ready to really go live.
  • I found even more problems today to do with adding backgrounds to the standard, header, body and footer sections which does not align spliced images (even with using custom CSS or ftping into change the CSS file).
  • The ability to use backgrounds is integral to my sites and this standard function does not work.
  • I'm disappointed that I no longer have the sections available that I had with my pagelines licence that I now have to earn Karma to use them.  This was a previous selling point for me - the one free section a month.
  • I am currently considering my ongoing use of DMS.
  • I'm feeling extremely disappointed not just with the product but also the support.

Having said that I will try to persevere until the end of the week but its wasting a lot of my time now:

• I checked the debug function of wordpress.  WP_Debug was not on.
  • I have activated the debug function for DMS

Danny

There is no issue with Wordpress SEO, I have it installed on about 30 sites and have no issue. If you have warning messages appearing when installing any plugin, you most likely have WP Debug mode set to true instead of false or your host has PHP errors enabled.

Please search our forums, before posting!